Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I had known last Thursday was "10 MPH below speed limit Thursday".

Took our ride up to Maine, it wasn't much fun, being in the SLK made it tolerable.

Lots of construction (took 30+ minutes to get through Iquguit(sp) center, this is US 1 route. Doing construction on a bridge on 1A into Portsmouth, bridge closed.

Couldn't count the number of cars doing below the speed limit (by 5-10MPH) of course no place to pass. Took us 3 hrs 40 min to go 97 miles. that kind of "speed" might be acceptable accept for the aggravation.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I feel for you because that kind of traffic drives me crazy. The only exception to that rule for me personally is when my wife and I stayed at the North Shore in Oahu back in 2007. The traffic at times was around 30-35 mph and we were both very okay with that. The pace was much slower and relaxed; it was great.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I feel I don't suffer from that as much anymore since I have the SLK, at least if the weather is good enough to drive topless.

Still can't wipe the smile off my face in that car and I even semi-enjoy traffic jams nowadays ;P

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,765 Posts
Traffic is a PIA but at least with the top down it's fun. Just the other day I was sitting topless in traffic and beside me a lady said, as she wagged her finger at me, "I told you not to take my car out today, I see you didn't listen"! We both cracked up! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Feeling a little guilty, there Flossy ! :)

How's that Dam bridge holding up? Are you still running up to Vegas every week?

Reactions: Berliner Heckflosse

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Never ever take the main highways......"the roads less traveled" always have less traffic and better pavement. Best of all....you often have to go way out of your way in the SLK (Hey...I busted a rhyme as the kids would say!)

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,371 Posts
Yep. just got back from Las Vegas. Still going over the Bridge twice a Week and let me tell you Summer is here....... People drive like they got no Brains.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we rarely take the interstates, back roads are king, especially in the SLK. Ain't the speed that bugs me per say, but the lack of consideration, and stopping for construction, especially with stones on the road.

went up north yesterday, average 30mph for the trip, but it was fine, no aggravation.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
People driving below the speed limit drives me nuts as well. I'm okay with you going speed limit but when you go below with no cars, traffic, construction, objects, etc. in front of you. It's extremely irritating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am more partial to people who obviously want to drive particularly careful and are 10 mph under when it is 45mph -

- however they pay no attention whatsoever and still drive the same speed when the limit changes to 25mph :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts