Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Met up at 8:45 - 9:00am today with Tslick and SLKluv in Irvine. We drove to the nearby assembly area as everyone was moving out to Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego City. Weather was good: sunny, low 80's.

MIB (Men In Black - shades that is). NO, they're not right-hand-drives (RHD). The shot was taken through cockpit rear view mirror, while lining up to get inside the stadium parking lot:

Met up with Caywoman and Cyberdrakon at the parking lot. It was good to see you guys again :tu: There were some MB represented: SLK63, C63, CL, Unimog. Cyberdrakon's ride got the most attention. As soon as it parked, there was a crowd of 20 or more taking a close look and photos. Great to meet the team that did the work.

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos of other rides at SoCalEuro, I think you guys know the make and model already:

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Riding home via the coastline (just the three of us, is that a name of a song? :D), went through La Jolla, Del Mar, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Encinitas, Carlsbad:

Blue skies, puffy clouds:

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh almost forgot, I did mention teaser photo of Cyberdrakon's ride. It certainly is a WOW!! Here's one:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Was lots of fun. For the last 30 minutes or so of the trip I had to put up the top as I ended up getting sun burnt. Too bad I forgot my camera for the trip, great pics etyu!

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More photos to come tonight (Pacific Standard Time).

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am dying to see more pics of his car!!!!
I am unable to connect to photobucket from work to upload pix (Access Denied from IT people at work). Will post more tonight.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Hey guys, thanks a lot for showing up! Sorry you guys couldn't wait, Kandy bought sandwiches for all of you! there was a bit of mis-communication over the phone...

the car was a HIT at the show. I won't have any pics to put up until tonight...left the camera in Kandy's car. for now, you can see some development pics at my website: rexaccelero.com

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My apologies

Hey guys, thanks a lot for showing up! Sorry you guys couldn't wait, Kandy bought sandwiches for all of you! there was a bit of mis-communication over the phone...
Very sorry Edward and Kandy for missing the food. If only we had known....

I'll post more pix tonight.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Very sorry Edward and Kandy for missing the food. If only we had known....
Thanks for the pics Eddy!:tu: I was wondering what happened to the usual "food shots.":D

·
3,048 Posts
Hey Eddy, don't be sorry, i'm sorry, i was too stressed out to be paying attention to you guys...after you guys drove all that way to meet up with me.

I've only had a total of 10 hours of sleep for the 3 days leading up to the show.

·
3,048 Posts
BTW, nice to finally meet you matt!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Great pics Eddy. Seen the full widebody shots on another site, looks wild!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks Edward, it was great to meet you too, and your car is already looking awesome, I can't wait to see it in a month or so when its complete!

Unfortunatley I didn't eat breakfast Sunday (assuming there would be a BBQ or something at the event) so I was starving and eager to grab some food around 12:30 - that and I thought Kandy wasn't bringing food for us!

Anyways, it was lots of fun to meet up with Eddy and Tom for the second time and to meet Edward and Kandy for a first!

Hopefully we can do a meet in September or October and you can bring your finished car along =)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Great job on the Widebody kit. Looks crazy! I didn't realize you were making such aggressive changes... especially to the hood.

So, are you going to leave the exterior color the same? How about the wheels? I can't wait to see the finished product. Just be sure to have someone take pics with a good camera. I'd like to see it in all its glory.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts