Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes 3 in the top 10!!

10 vehicles that are most likely to be ticketed
The 10 vehicles which are most likely to get you a ticket based on a study from Quality Planning, a research firm which used data from insurance companies between Feb. 2009 and Feb. 2010 in its analysis. After reviewing these vehicles, we'll note if there are any similarities which we may be able to use to our investing advantage.

Without further ado, here are Quality Planning's 10 most ticketed cars based on a comparison with the national average – and please note, vehicles discontinued for 10 years or longer have not been included in its analysis:

10. Volkswagen GTI, 1.78 times more likely to get a ticket

9. Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG, 1.79 times more likely to get a ticket

8. Pontiac Grand Prix, 1.82 times more likely to get a ticket

7. Acura Integra, 1.85 times more likely to get a ticket

6. Mercedes-Benz CLS-63 AMG, 2.64 times more likely to get a ticket

5. Scion xB, 2.7 times more likely to get a ticket

4. Hummer H2, 2.92 times more likely to get a ticket

3. Scion tC, 3.43 times more likely to get a ticket

2. Toyota Camry, 3.49 times more likely to get a ticket

1. Mercedes-Benz SL-Class, 4.04 times more likely to get a ticket

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I sure hope the weighting on that data is right, given that Toyota sells more Camry's in a month than SL's MB sells in a model lifecycle! :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
"Red on a car attracts the officials" they say.
"VW GTI is likely to get pulled over" they say.

"I love my Red GTI" I say....

.... as I paid for my 1 speeding ticket, 1 no front license plate/illegal tint fix it ticket, and 1 parking ticket - with no front license plate (??!!).

Good thing, the wife's SLK is not on the list - SHE's the aggressive driver in the house :tazz:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
According to a traffic school instructor:
Stay out of lane number one--the fast lane (in Calif). It's where 60 percent of all speeding tickets are issued.

He also had another interesting tip: In heavy fog, if you roll down your windows and turn off your radio and air conditioning, you can hear accidents happening up ahead.

Reactions: Sandtoes
1 - 5 of 5 Posts