·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wahoo!:biglaugh:

Just hit the 25,000 mile mark. :bannana:

Averaging about 1000 a month since I got it AND LOVING EVERY MILE!!!!:rockon:

It still is in show room condition.:hb:
No door dings, no dents, no scratches, no peeling.

Proud to be a Mercedes SLK owner and proud to be a member here!

SLKman:tu:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
SLKman said:
Wahoo!:biglaugh:

Just hit the 25,000 mile mark. :bannana:

Averaging about 1000 a month since I got it AND LOVING EVERY MILE!!!!:rockon:

It still is in show room condition.:hb:
No door dings, no dents, no scratches, no peeling.

Proud to be a Mercedes SLK owner and proud to be a member here!

SLKman:tu:
Cool! SLKman.:hb:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
At the rate I'm going, it'll take me until 2012 to get 25,000 miles, I'll start a thread about it then, for now, congrats to you first. :tu:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I bought my car on June 1, 2006 with 15,989 miles. Today it's reading 23,974 miles, ~2,600 miles a month. It looks like rain tomorrow so I get to dive it with the top up... It will be a new experience:biglaugh: .. Na, so far I've driven maybe 75 miles with the top up when the temp got above 100 degrees.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Just an FYI, for those who drive their cars (cars like the SLK or higher end luxury models) less than 6000 miles per year, you may want to talk to your car insurance agent and be able to get lower rates on your car insurance premiums.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
etyu said:
:eek:fftopic: Just an FYI, for those who drive their cars (cars like the SLK or higher end luxury models) less than 6000 miles per year, you may want to talk to your car insurance agent and be able to get lower rates on your car insurance premiums.
Well, my insurance cost me approx $52 plus change per month, full coverage. Last year, I stored it for the winter and brought one way insurance of $29/per month just in case my house burns down or something and it's still insured. My SLK cost less than my cell phone bill per month ($60), I don't cancel my cell phone during the winter so, I'm not going to cancel my SLK this year. Winter here in Colorado isn't what it used to be, last year, there were many nice days I could drive my SLK. I don't think it can get lower than that.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Ynot said:
... I don't cancel my cell phone during the winter so, I'm not going to cancel my SLK this year. Winter here in Colorado isn't what it used to be, last year, there were many nice days I could drive my SLK. I don't think it can get lower than that.
They (the weather forcasters) are predicting a milder winter this year because of a mild El Nino pattern off the Pacific coast. So, here's hoping for more top off days this winter.:tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
etyu said:
They (the weather forcasters) are predicting a milder winter this year because of a mild El Nino pattern off the Pacific coast. So, here's hoping for more top off days this winter.:tu:
lol, weather forcaster's as accurate as predicting the lotto numbers here. The forecast for today was suppose to be cloudy and snowing, it's like 70's and sunny right now but then again it could snow in half an hour. California is ideal for convertibles, Colorado isn't, it's almost time to drive my boring SUV in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
4g a year. Ouch, considering i only make like 10 with a part time job.

And I do like 2,000 miles a month. Ugh! but its my daily car so whatever. I drive back and forth from new york city, about a 205 mile round trip ALOT.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Baron7700, the rates start getting better usually at age 21 and thereafter, the car insurance companies would like to see at least 3 years of history (starting at age 18). Don't hesitate to call the insurance agent and ask. If you're at school and have good grades, you'll get a good student discount. If you have LoJack or similar device in the car, it will also reduce the rates.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Please try to keep on topic chaps :)

Ive got 129,000 k's. I do about 3000 a month.

Same condition as 1st poster :tu:

Bazzle

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I got 5100 miles in 7 months. Sorry, bazzle for going :eek:fftopic:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.