Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 week in with the 55 and all I can say is holy scheisse and I can barely wait for warm weather to put the top down.

I've mostly had it on the highway where it has returned 24.5 mpg to/from Dulles and 20.5 to / from work. Today I took it for a blast through the mountains on my favorite adrenalin roads. Unfortunately, for part of it I was behind a Hyundai Accent. For another part I was behind Pa Kettle who couldn't figure out which was the go pedal. When I could, I turned around and went back through the fun parts. 4th gear seemed like the right place to be - enough revs to be in the meat of the power band, but still providing engine braking. Even though it is heavy, this friggen thing sticks to the road like dog scheisse on your shoe.

In addition to being comfortable and quiet, it has two sources of beautiful sounds. One is the stereo which is pretty dman™ good. The other is the engine compartment. Step on it and it sings a beautiful if guttural song. But because of how quiet it is inside, you don't get a good sense of speed. Which brings up the tranny. I don't like slush boxes, but they seem to be the way of the world now. This one is better than the one in the wife's CTS-V. Stand on it at 70 in 7th and it goes right to 4th and rockets forward faster than a fart in an elevator.

I may need a traffic attorney on staff.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi Dogbreath

Yea get the roof in the boot & you will want to drive & drive & the best is on a warm summers night after dark get the roof down :) & then after a few weeks get an Xpipe fitted the only mod you need on the 55 , if you can stand the very wide smile because after a few hours it start to hurt your face . Glad your enjoying your new car .

Cheers

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts