Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rims are in great condition with no curb rash and have 20,000 miles on them (just some minor tar spots in the back part of the wheel well that can probably be removed with the right product but it is hardly noticable once on the car).

The tires have only about 2000 miles on them so they are almost like new (Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics).

Asking $1,500USD (plus shipping) for rims/tires/center caps. Take a look at the pictures and let me know your interest. I can give you closer picts and more details if you decided you'd like to pursue.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put on a set of 19" TSW Bremma's. Love the look ... wanted them since the first time I saw them on a number of fellow member's cars. Here are a couple pictures of my car with the new wheels ...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rims are in great condition with no curb rash and have 20,000 miles on them (just some minor tar spots in the back part of the wheel well that can probably be removed with the right product but it is hardly noticable once on the car).

The tires have only about 2000 miles on them so they are almost like new (Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics).

Asking $1,500USD (plus shipping) for rims/tires/center caps. Take a look at the pictures and let me know your interest. I can give you closer picts and more details if you decided you'd like to pursue.

Scott
NIce wheels, I need to add 9 posts so I can PM you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Casper - you have a PM. Please reply. Thanks and looking forward to working with you.

Transporter_GW ... I already have a request in from Casper to purchase. If something falls through I'll let you know right away. Also, the wheels are in excellent condition. They only have 19K miles on them and I've taken great care (no curb rash or marks). As I said in the previous post, there are a couple of tar spots on the inside of the rim you can't really see when they're on the car otherwise I would have cleaned it off when it happended. But in my opinion very minor and probably can get off with the right product. Also, the wheels are balanced and ready to be put on your car. They are exactly as they came off my car with a fresh cleaning and polish.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry - one more update. Looked at my PM's and realized I have a message from Henryhank before anyone else contacted me (I've been traveling for the past 10 days so just catching up). I need to give him the first rights to the wheels so I have PM'd him first.

If that falls through then it will be Casper and then Transport_GW.

Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Transporter_GW - you have a PM.

Iya - If I remember correctly when I took in a wheel to get an estimate for shipping I thought I heard her say about 50lbs (rim and tire for the AMG 16 spoke 8.5X18 - the front wheel [7.5] would weigh a little less but probably not much.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
Those wheels are beautiful! I bet cha they are hell to keep clean!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Transporter_GW - you have a PM.

Iya - If I remember correctly when I took in a wheel to get an estimate for shipping I thought I heard her say about 50lbs (rim and tire for the AMG 16 spoke 8.5X18 - the front wheel [7.5] would weigh a little less but probably not much.

I just got your msg.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Iya - just as a confirmation, I went in to get another shipping estimate and this time I got the exact weight for the rear wheel (rim/tire) and it was 51.3lbs.

617SLK350 - they can take some time. The key is to have the right cleaning product and tool to do it. I found a Neutral wheel cleaner that is awesome (Menzerna Gel 7.5) and a long soft brush (EZ Detail Bike Brush - www.bikebrush.com) that fits between each spoke and reachs all the way to the back of the hub so cleaning wasn't so bad but a little more effort than most. If you're trying to clean with a spong you're not only going to take forever but you'll never get most of the rim clean and age it much faster than desired. Hope this information helps - it's how I kept my rims so nice and shiny after more than 19K miles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rims and Tires sale is pending. I'll close this thread once it's final. No new offers at this time please.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.