Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quick background - in my town I see another SLK maybe about once a week. Last Thursday was odd though. Left work and was less than a mile away from the office. Light turned yellow, but it was a nice day and I wasn't in any hurry with the top down, so I stopped for the light. Took a look in the mirror and a blonde gal pulled up behind me in a white R171. While I waited for the light to change, another blonde in a red R170 appeared to my left, turning right beside me. Purely by chance, we momentarily had all three SLK models in a 600 square foot area in black, white and red. Not sure that will ever happen again in this town.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Quick background - in my town I see another SLK maybe about once a week. Last Thursday was odd though. Left work and was less than a mile away from the office. Light turned yellow, but it was a nice day and I wasn't in any hurry with the top down, so I stopped for the light. Took a look in the mirror and a blonde gal pulled up behind me in a white R171. While I waited for the light to change, another blonde in a red R170 appeared to my left, turning right beside me. Purely by chance, we momentarily had all three SLK models in a 600 square foot area in black, white and red. Not sure that will ever happen again in this town.

Had a similar one last year, pulled up on a three lane junction in the left hand lane, in the middle was a silver 171, and to the right of him a beautiful red 172, as the three of us acknowledged each other, the driver of the red cars' jaw dropped the same time as mine. It was one of my many cousins who I hadn't seen for at least 15 years - since our Nana's funeral - so we pulled away and pulled into the first layby further up the road to catch up!

:grin:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
Had a similar one last year, pulled up on a three lane junction in the left hand lane, in the middle was a silver 171, and to the right of him a beautiful red 172, as the three of us acknowledged each other, the driver of the red cars' jaw dropped the same time as mine. It was one of my many cousins who I hadn't seen for at least 15 years - since our Nana's funeral - so we pulled away and pulled into the first layby further up the road to catch up!

:grin:
and he is now a member of slkworld?

·
Premium Member
14,893 Posts
Did you all hand out SLKWorld business cards?
I tried when I knocked on the window she just hit the gas pedal .......probably thought I was asking for money.......I looked like a Bum since we where on our way to the Rammstein Concert.:grin::grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts