Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have a front SLK55 AMG front bumper that's not being used? If so please don't hesitate to get in touch and we can hopefully work something out. It should look like the one in the pic, painted or unpainted doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance!
SK

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,488 Posts
i just saw bumpers on ebay

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
North American model year 2009 R171 AMG bumper is more square in profile and the side vents are different from that on the photo. Perhaps you are looking at pre-facelift R171 AMG front bumper cover?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh okay, I guess it's an 08 Pre-Facelift then, thanks for the pop quiz. I was just going by a local listing of someone who was selling their 09 SLK55 AMG. I'm guessing they caught the tail end of the 08 version then maybe carried over to 09? Anyhow I noticed the front bumper and fell in love with mini side vents now I have to have it!

I've seen a couple on eBay and not a fan of the condition most are in, there is one that's been refurbished so if I can't find one here I might have to just bite the bullet and pick it up. I just wanted to see if anyone out there in our SLK club has one that's collecting dust and wants to free up space in their garage and help out another member.

By the way I really like the one you have etyu, any chance you'd consider selling yours? ;)

SK

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah apparently it's quite the procedure if you want to make it look just right according to others who've done it...But I've never been one to shy away from a little elbow grease ;)

I'm also quite sure that everyone who's gone thru with it fully has no regrets either and would do it again if they had to. So I think this will be my winter scavenger hunt which will keep me busy while the car's in storage during our Frosty snow season up here.

Appreciate all the info guys, great place to be with other like minded individuals.

SK

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
..... By the way I really like the one you have etyu, any chance you'd consider selling yours? ;)

SK
Sorry, it's not for sale (at this time) :smile:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I tried...It does look great on your ride though, I wouldn't want to take that away from ya.

On a side note, I'm wondering if anybody on the forums could help answer this question? (actually 3 questions now that I look at it)

The red SLK car in the SLKWorld banner, what colour is that officially?
Is that a factory colour option from Mercedes or a custom paint job?
If so do you know what it's called and what colour code it is?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of wrapping my SLK (when it arrives) with 3M's Di-Noc or Avery wrap in that exact colour so any additional info regarding that colour option from the Benzy factory itself would be greatly appreciated. Imagine an R171 in that sexy metallic red look, would that be a first?

Thanks in advance gang!
SK

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Hey, I tried...It does look great on your ride though, I wouldn't want to take that away from ya.

On a side note, I'm wondering if anybody on the forums could help answer this question? (actually 3 questions now that I look at it)

The red SLK car in the SLKWorld banner, what colour is that officially?
Is that a factory colour option from Mercedes or a custom paint job?
If so do you know what it's called and what colour code it is?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of wrapping my SLK (when it arrives) with 3M's Di-Noc or Avery wrap in that exact colour so any additional info regarding that colour option from the Benzy factory itself would be greatly appreciated. Imagine an R171 in that sexy metallic red look, would that be a first?

Thanks in advance gang!
SK
Designo Cardinal Red Metallic (check out mbusa, build your SLK55); color code 996, if I am not mistaken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts