Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car was hit, nothing serious, air bag opened, and per my insurance :) the steering wheel must be changed .

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
My car was hit, nothing serious, air bag opened, and per my insurance :) the steering wheel must be changed .
Sorry to learn about the accident. Must be above 15mph to cause air bag to deploy. Hope it gets fixed and sorted to brand-new condition.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mazeka! When I saw this steering wheel in person, you remember that I fell in love! How much are you THINKING of selling it for?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you etyu :)
yes the car is back to perfect, actually took advantage of the situation and took care some of stone chips around the front end. it all worked out perfect.

·
Registered
420 Posts
thank you etyu :)
yes the car is back to perfect, actually took advantage of the situation and took care some of stone chips around the front end. it all worked out perfect.
Gotta love it when a wreck works in your favor, doesn't it? Always have to see a silver lining to these kinds of things haha.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
indeed,

any ideas to how much ?
again i have no use for it.
I tried to keep the original, and sell the brand new one , but the insurance inspector wanted to be there to see the replacement..... funny, and interesting.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Noober - last time I checked, it was roughly $1430US for the airbag for the 030 F/L wheel. I'm on the road, so can't pull part numbers at the moment to confirm - I'm worried it was actually the stupidly expensive one.

EDITED : Feck! MSRP on that bag is $3190, and as bad it's listed as a VIN coded part, AND it was only used in the SLK, so no other model's bag will physically fit! :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Noober - last time I checked, it was roughly $1430US for the airbag for the 030 F/L wheel. I'm on the road, so can't pull part numbers at the moment to confirm - I'm worried it was actually the stupidly expensive one.

EDITED : Feck! MSRP on that bag is $3190, and as bad it's listed as a VIN coded part! :(
OUCH! Sorry, mazeka... not happening :-(

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

EDITED : Feck! MSRP on that bag is $3190, and as bad it's listed as a VIN coded part, AND it was only used in the SLK, so no other model's bag will physically fit! :(
Will the current airbag in Aaron's SLK350 fit the SLK55 face-lift P30 steering wheel?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Will the current airbag in Aaron's SLK350 fit the SLK55 face-lift P30 steering wheel?
I've seen the piece in person, and it looks like it won't. :-(

The entire center piece is different, and looks like it includes the buttons in the assembly (probably the reason for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$) and our steering wheels don't have that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.