Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my SLK in March of 2016, I've read a lot on this forum and have finally gotten around to joining.

I'm an iOS software engineer by trade but also dabble in circuitry, chemistry, etc. I'm a DIY kind of guy and if I ever have to hand my SLK over to a dealership to have work done I'll surely feel a sense of defeat.

As the title says, I drive an 07' SLK55 AMG; the vin lookup makes no mention of it, but after replacing the brake pads and rotors I've determined that it may have the performance package -- but I've yet to attempt exceeding 155mph to find out for sure R)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,940 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

owner's and maintenance manuals great R171 info:

later year owner's/maintenance/comand manuals, top right in the link below:
Bill's Den: Documents

Lube those seals:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/20937-spring-here~gummi-pflege-lube-your-seals-lithium-grease-your-joints-hinges.html#post226839

your brochure:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

clear or tinted side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/50849-ive-taken-cf-plunge.html
carbon fiber center caps
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen

See my mod albums for more ideas

FREE GIFT! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). If looking for a car, get the options before you buy!

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
94,940 Posts
get your free datacatrd and see from epc see above
and see if you have the 030 package

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,130 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

An '07 55 eh?
Kinda got a soft spot for that particular combination myself.

Couple of links for you.

Post three photos of your 55 here and you've entered RoTM for free.
Best do it before the 15th though, as we start voting then.
http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/405857-january-2017-slkworld-com-ride-month-competition.html

Not only do you benefit from the R171 threads.
We like your car so much that you get the AMG package too (we don't mention that in the datacard either :tu:)
AMGs - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Fancy meeting likeminded SLKers or need local info?
Then try your regional threads:
U.S. West Region - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Always good to see one of those who have lurked for a while step into the light.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,451 Posts
Welcome from Canada :grin:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,124 Posts
Welcome from Portland/Clackamas, Oregon. If you are the type of person the likes going to events, drives or meets, check out the SLK NW Group under the clubs section of the forum. They are based out of the Seattle area but have drives that will bring them down our way at times. Also check out the Beaver State SLK's by going to Tools, Quick Links and lastly Social Groups. Enjoy the forum and when the snow stops, the top down driving.

·
94,940 Posts
so as your datacard shows, no 030 performance package
but get an ecu tune and get past that 155 barrier! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so as your datacard shows, no 030 performance package
but get an ecu tune and get past that 155 barrier! :D
Perhaps the previous owner upgraded the brakes then, it seems to have the performance package brakes.

I've made a deal with myself that I won't get an ecu tune until I at least hit the 155 barrier, so I've got another 25 mph to go :p

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Perhaps the previous owner upgraded the brakes then, it seems to have the performance package brakes.

I've made a deal with myself that I won't get an ecu tune until I at least hit the 155 barrier, so I've got another 25 mph to go :p
If your car is pre-facelift, then it will have the bigger brakes... I think all pre-facelift R171 SLK55's had the 6-pot calipers up front (mine does, and I don't have the P030 performance package either)! :D

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,486 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

You guys should join us for a fun weekend in Ashland OR. May 5th-7th 2017, several other SLK members from Oregon will be joining us. Be sure to make reservations and get your Shakespeare festival theater tickets ASAP. See links below.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts