Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
My 07 SLK280 gas tank cover is stuck. I can hear the cover solenoid click when I press keyfob to open doors but now cover would not open.

It has been intermittent before but this happened before I could get to sorting it out.

Any info for manual release from e trunk please? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All.
Liberal amount of WD40 on the left and side ofthe tank cover did the trick as recommended by Geoffo.
The tank cover has a plastic projection with a hole. A solenoidactuated plunger slides in this hole to lock the cover. I recommended that thisplunger and the hole in the projection is greased to prevent this occurring ata gas station when you are out of gas.
Agreed rhartson- cannot understand why there is no form of manualrelease from inside the trunk. Cheers.

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
205 Posts
Thanks All.
Liberal amount of WD40 on the left and side ofthe tank cover did the trick as recommended by Geoffo.
The tank cover has a plastic projection with a hole. A solenoidactuated plunger slides in this hole to lock the cover. I recommended that thisplunger and the hole in the projection is greased to prevent this occurring ata gas station when you are out of gas.
Agreed rhartson- cannot understand why there is no form of manualrelease from inside the trunk. Cheers.
Glad I could help. It's nice to give something back
0:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.