Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I seem to have got the drift that a lot of you think that when looking for a used 55 AMG, the 06 is better than 05 even with comparable mileage. Have i got this right? If so , could some one elaborate on this?

Currently ogling the used SLK 55 models on the MB website on a daily basis and suffering from AMGitis!

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't agree with that.

The 05 has more features built in than the 06, the 07 has additional features on the cluster by default and no more changes until facelift.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
The 05 has the seat going backwards in the easy/entry option with the steering wheel going up when you open the door, whilst the 2006 only has the steering wheel option and not the seat going backwards.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The 05 has the seat going backwards in the easy/entry option with the steering wheel going up when you open the door, whilst the 2006 only has the steering wheel option and not the seat going backwards.
That's what position "3" is for on the seats..... :)

/rolls my own.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi Guys

I seem to have got the drift that a lot of you think that when looking for a used 55 AMG, the 06 is better than 05 even with comparable mileage. Have i got this right? If so , could some one elaborate on this?

Currently ogling the used SLK 55 models on the MB website on a daily basis and suffering from AMGitis!

Thanks
Buy an 05 and save your pennies. I did with no regrets so far. Well other than having hung on for 6 months I bought 1 month too early :mad:. The only thing I would prefer is the 07 paddles, I have now retro modded them onto my button wheel, the buttons just feel cheap with no mechanical weight.
Only any use in gears 4 upwards for a lanes blast, gears 1-4 useless.

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other advantage is that 55s registered before March 2006 have a road tax of 210£ per annum and those after 400£ per annum!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Question would also be possibly in service date for some and warranty validity. Obviously an '05 out of warranty would be cheaper than an 06 in warranty. There a good deal of electronics, switches and hitches, not to mention the hydraulics for the top. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.