Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the day/night brightness setting on automatic but when the car is driven during the day it stays on night-time so its dark and hard to read.. does anyone know why this is happening or if i should clean a sensor for brightness for the screen?? thanks

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome mylesfiggy. What model year and type of SLK do you have? Where are you located? (Please update your profile).

Try cleaning the windshield (from the outside) at where the sensors are located (base of the rear view mirror area). If you set the headlamps to AUTO and go to a dark parking structure, does the head lamp automatically come on and then switch to off when you leave the dark area?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
610 Posts
We have the day/night brightness setting on automatic but when the car is driven during the day it stays on night-time so its dark and hard to read.. does anyone know why this is happening or if i should clean a sensor for brightness for the screen?? thanks
This happens all the time to me too. It seems that sometimes it just gets "stuck" in night mode and doesn't toggle over to day mode. In my case it's not becasue of a dirty windshield, I think the sensor is just to sensitive.

My solution has been just to manually switch it off from "auto" to "day" but it doesn't really fix the problem. If you come up with something more definitive - let me know!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think there's also a sensor right next to the MFD display between the speedo and the tach. There's a round dot there. Put your finger over it and see the effect. I've found it to toggle day/night mode even when changing direction such that the sun is shining on it.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Brian's got it right here. "Day/Night" mode is not just on headlights, but ambient light in the cockpit as sensed by the MFD sensor..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.