Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out where I can find a cupholder replacement or if there is a way to disassemble the one I have to get it cleaned up. It seems to be sticking pretty badly and I am wanting to have that resolved. Any info is great. Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
Do a search top right my friend. you can even get a cubby from slkstore.com

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome, and easiest way is to remove it - loads of instructions here on the site, completely submerge it in warm, soapy water, and open/close it a few times.

Take it out, rinse if off well, let it dry, and lubricate the coil spring, hinges, and gears with white lithium grease.

Or replace it with the cubby! :)

S

·
0 Posts
We do carry the factory replacement Mercedes-Benz cup holder. Let us know if we can assist.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I am trying to find out where I can find a cupholder replacement or if there is a way to disassemble the one I have to get it cleaned up. It seems to be sticking pretty badly and I am wanting to have that resolved. Any info is great. Thanks.
As John suggested, it can be removed. When the cupholder is in the open state, you will notice 2 small round rubber covers (one on each side). The rubber cover can be removed using the fingers or small flat head screwdriver. This will then reveal two Torx screws that need to be removed. Thereafter, the cupholder assembly slides out. I don't think you need to disassemble the cupholder, just follow John's suggestions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for you help on the subject. I got it out, washed it and waiting for it to dry. thanks!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Thank you all for you help on the subject. I got it out, washed it and waiting for it to dry. thanks!
Don't forget to lube it up when it's dry - if you have it in your hands, upside down, you will see the coil spring - open it, and kinda run your finger along the uncoiling spring with a light coating of white lithium grease. You'll also be able to see the hinge points and gear mechanism at the same time...

As with most things - a little goes a long way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.