Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK 55 AMG
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I was trying to flash a performance tune on my 2005 SLK 55 AMG and something went wrong resulting in the ECU getting bricked.

Now the car is not starting and we are unable to communicate with the ECU.

Is there any procedure to unbrick the ECU without having to take it out and send it out to the tuner ? Its really expensive to ship it to the US and back.

Any advice will be highly appreciated, did a search which didn't throw up anything useful so asking here.

There is a used ECU on sale that carries the same part number as mine, would it be possible to switch out the ECU's or are the ECU coded to each specific car ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

·
**Premium Member 2004 SLK350
5,657 Posts
Most certainly it was a fail flash. If this is the problem not a damage ecu then you MUST go to MB to do a flash. They need to do SCN coding on your modules. I manage to brick my eco aslo =))) my car will start after a few seconds of trying, i had all kinds of errors on my dash, my car will not exceed 40mph and will ot change above 3rd gear. Only MB can do the SCN coding. In UK MB charge me £132 to do the codding for 10 min ....bastards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.