Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Can anyone advise on the claims made by tuners in that gains of 20-40 extra bhp can easily be had with little or no effect on reliability, and that when being restrained with the right foot you can see fuel economy improvements? In other words can you have the best of both worlds to a degree?

Thanks,
Colin.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm sure if you re-read the claim, it probably states "up to" 20-40 hp gain. Which means you might see 5-8 hp max. 20-40 hp is 10%-20% gain and it just isn't going to happen with a tune. Those kinds of "tune only" gains can be seen in turbocharged cars because they can control the waste gate.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

Having checked a few other tuners out they mainly seem to be suggesting an increase of between 12-20 bhp which doesn't seem a lot. Is it still worth it for improved drivability/fuel saving?

Cheers.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Col, I thought about getting my SLK350 remapped, from 272 - 297bhp, but decided against it. My insurance would undoubtedly increase & with nearly 30bhp on tap, I'd probably end up in a ditch! :D

I'll be passing through Inverness in a couple of weeks, give me a wave if you see me! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.