Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my right side headlight has moisture inside every time I wash the car of it rains. the rubber around it looks intact... any idea where the leak could be coming from? how do i check? also mine are self leveling lights and they point too low ... at 70 miles an hour i feel that it's plain dangerous to drive. the high beams really light up the road.. but i can't keep them on and irritate everyone... any input on how to adjust them ?

thank you!

·
Registered
320 Posts
If the car has factory Xeons (sounds like it does based on the self-leveling feature) there will be two knobs on the back of each housing. One knob adjusts the verticle aim, while the other adjusts the horizontal. Make sure you do your adjusting with the car and lights on, so they will be in the driving position.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the car has factory Xeons (sounds like it does based on the self-leveling feature) there will be two knobs on the back of each housing. One knob adjusts the verticle aim, while the other adjusts the horizontal. Make sure you do your adjusting with the car and lights on, so they will be in the driving position.
i'll give that a shot , thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine only does it on the passenger side , which leads me to believe it's not normal...
when the weather gets a little nicer , i'll take it apart and maybe try to seal it . if I can find where it's leaking in from.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
almost a year old thread

But I just noticed the exact same problem this weekend after running it through a car wash. So thanks for the post and the link. I'll have to add this to the list of to do's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.