Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My first post, Hello, hope you can help. The finish is coming off the console, dash, glove box. The dealers are aware of this problem and say it only happens to a couple of years of SLK's and have asked Mercedes for answers and help but Mercedes won't do anything, and have no suggestions as to what to do or why it's happening. Sounds unbelievable doesn't it, well it's true and what would you do if it happened to you. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Still love my SLK

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same problem here, do a search, bottom line, follow the instructions on this and other forums to lightly sand the parts and repaint with a German paint that is sold on ebay for around $38 a can and that seems to fix the problem. Some work but can be fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I searched this forum for answers and found none, I guess I don't know how to search, so please be specific about how to find instructions to fix this problem. Thanks Again

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,513 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

go to search section above , put in peeling, read results

i had an 02 320 and it also peeled, but was under waranty at that time and the console was replaced.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.