Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my 01 slk 230 after I turned off and locked doors with key the Hazzard lights started to blink for a while then turn off ? Also the towing light is blinking while is locked never seen it on or is it normal for it to blink I don't have the alarm on it was burned So i took it off .any one with the same problem

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,852 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,986 Posts
Hi,

Fit a new Alarm Siren, make sure it is properly Version Coded, also make sure that the PSE is properly Version Coded using "the appropriate Diagnostic System for these vehicles :splif: "

Your PSE and Alarm (ATA) Siren both interact with each other, the PSE makes the lights flash, and as there is a fault, (ATA not present), it is likely the lack of ATA that has caused the problem :wink:

The other thing is that water often gets into the trunk / boot, and causes problems with PSE and it's connector / wiring to connector, so worth checking, but fact remains that as I am very anal about things being just as they should, then a replacement ATA is really needed to restore the Alarm system to it's former glory ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,852 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tks for.the información i found that is also the battery when is starts to go bad so I charged it and it stop doing it so I guess is time.for a new battery

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,986 Posts
Hi,

A good healthy battery is everything on any Car with Electronics like R170, they don't like low voltages ...................

The fact remains that I would still need to fix the Alarm as well, as your car still has an item that doesn't work properly >:D

HTH, Cheers Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts