Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh my!

If I read it on the web, it must be true :)

Helena Jamieson, a consultant who studied English literature at Cambridge, summed up what women everywhere already knew... “I think women probably always knew deep down that they were the more intelligent ones – but as the gentler sex we were quiet about it and let men continue to believe they ruled the world.”

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
As a public school Psyc, I look at a lot of psychometrics including both abbreviated and full scope IQ tests. My opinion is that most have some degree of social and cultural bias. Gender bias is also a consideration, but not as well researched....so no clear verdict on male verses female IQ. Some research says that social/cultural change is responsible for the recent rise in female IQ scores.....more access to education etc.

From a purely anecdotal standpoint, I've noticed that in our school system girls achieve higher raw scores on standardized achievement tests like the ACT and SAT than do their male peers. Girls also tend to select more rigorous courses, study more, and complete their homework. So guys.....don't feel threatened....just work harder!:tu:

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
... well all you married guys can agree with me...

the woman is always right... and anything that goes wrong is always the guy's fault, isn't that right? Since we're always right, we're geniuses!

btw... we don't have to lift heavy things... we leave all that heavy labor for the guys to do for us.:rb

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Besides the argueable intelligence issue.....it is well known that women have a much higher pain tolerance than do men. Also, any nurse will tell you that sick men are not good patients. Both of these axioms apply to me! Waaaaa!

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
... no wonder!! I thought I was an alien for avoiding morphine and all types of pain meds when I had some surgery. Didn't take any when I had the most recent one as well.

most men are pretty sick - heard one guy talking about how his #2 looked while he was eating at the table behind me at Panera Bread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.