Join Date: Jun 2017
Vehicle: 2001 SLK320 in Brilliant Silver Metallic with a Magma red leather interior and an auto transmission.
Other Toys: Ford Mustang, Fender Stratocasters, Ibanez RG
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
SLK320 CEL Code for Left Cat
Hi, yesterday I got a CEL and a code P207E-001 - The efficiency of the left catalytic converter is insufficient (function chain P0432).
I was driving the car a bit enthusiastically, using the manual mode and getting close to redline. I am not sure if that contributed to it.
Anyway, apart from that the car had a few other P2023 codes. I cleared the codes and ran the engine for a few minutes and it did not come back.
I have a few questions:
- How many cats do these cars have in Australia?
- Where are they?
- Where are the O2 sensors relative to the cats (before and after which ones)?
- What's the best option. Should I replace with aftermarket?
- Is there a performance option?
- Would this cost a lot to fix?