help please :> - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

SLK R170 General Discussion SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320, SLK32 AMG

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 04-12-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
help please :>

HELP QQ
every time i open my driver door the other door and the trunk unlocks its self for no reason ((it is fine but the remote i have is dead QQ)) and i cant lock it via the locking dash thingg unless the driver door is closed and when i open it ... well you knwo what happens then >> so help :>
king.stivan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-12-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king.stivan View Post
HELP QQ
every time i open my driver door the other door and the trunk unlocks its self for no reason ((it is fine but the remote i have is dead QQ)) and i cant lock it via the locking dash thingg unless the driver door is closed and when i open it ... well you knwo what happens then >> so help :>
i hate locking my door/trunk every time i leave my car QQ
king.stivan is offline  
#3 Old 04-13-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle: Mercedes SLK 230 2003
Posts: 1,613
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Thanks: 226
Thanked 379 Times in 265 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by king.stivan View Post
HELP QQ
every time i open my driver door the other door and the trunk unlocks its self for no reason ((it is fine but the remote i have is dead QQ)) and i cant lock it via the locking dash thingg unless the driver door is closed and when i open it ... well you knwo what happens then >> so help :>
There seems to be the only solution - to repair/replace your dead key fob.
In our SLKs there only 2 doors and a trunk lock so I think there was no point for MB engineers to invent extra wheel as in 4 door cars so when you open your driver's door then everything else is unlocked too.
Did you try replacing the batteries? Or perhaps, look at this thread:
https://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-cla...ll-holder.html
JaysonM is offline  
 
#4 Old 04-13-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonM View Post
There seems to be the only solution - to repair/replace your dead key fob.
In our SLKs there only 2 doors and a trunk lock so I think there was no point for MB engineers to invent extra wheel as in 4 door cars so when you open your driver's door then everything else is unlocked too.
Did you try replacing the batteries? Or perhaps, look at this thread:
https://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-cla...ll-holder.html
i did try that but the thing is that fob has leaking electricity some where the batteries will die with in days and its like 6$ for both :S the funny thing is that the car never use to do that before i went to the mecha and had him lower the temp that makes the fan works in the car ((aka when it hits 80c fans comes in instead of 90c)) i use to open my door and the other one keeps locked QQ must be the reprogramming as i did went back to him he says i dont know any thing about that you out of luck QQ
king.stivan is offline  
#5 Old 04-13-2013
Registered Users

 
Gbarringer100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Little River, SC
Vehicle: 2013 SLK250
Other Toys: 2016 GLA250
Posts: 2,317
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 404 Times in 350 Posts
Garage
In case you are not aware the glove box, console and gas tank cover also locks and unlocks with the doors and boot.
Gbarringer100 is offline  
#6 Old 04-13-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: cardiff, Wales
Vehicle: 99 slk230k
Other Toys: Cars lots,Yacht-colvic atlanta 32..
Posts: 108
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbarringer100 View Post
In case you are not aware the glove box, console and gas tank cover also locks and unlocks with the doors and boot.
Even on the 98/99 models???
single is offline  
#7 Old 04-13-2013
Registered Users
 
Aycee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hampshire UK
Vehicle: 2002 Blue SLK 320
Posts: 239
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thanks: 31
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
Garage
You can programme the car to only unlock the drivers door but you need a working remote to do it. Hold both the lock and unlock buttons until the battery indicator lights up (page 49 of he owners manual). Think you need to get your remote sorted. Could be one of the micro switches on the remote is stuck down draining the remote battery.
Aycee is offline  
#8 Old 04-13-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
You can programme the car to only unlock the drivers door but you need a working remote to do it. Hold both the lock and unlock buttons until the battery indicator lights up (page 49 of he owners manual). Think you need to get your remote sorted. Could be one of the micro switches on the remote is stuck down draining the remote battery.
thanks im welling to put a new batteries just to do that :> and i need to download or look for the owners manuals ^^ you wouldnt know how to spot a bad head gasket job would you :P ??
king.stivan is offline  
#9 Old 04-14-2013
Registered Users

 
Gbarringer100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Little River, SC
Vehicle: 2013 SLK250
Other Toys: 2016 GLA250
Posts: 2,317
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 404 Times in 350 Posts
Garage
After putting in new battery you need to synchronize the key flop.
Gbarringer100 is offline  
#10 Old 04-14-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbarringer100 View Post
After putting in new battery you need to synchronize the key flop.
ya thanks that i knew about ^^ put in door and lock+press the keys some times tell its working :>
king.stivan is offline  
#11 Old 04-14-2013
Registered Users
 
Aycee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hampshire UK
Vehicle: 2002 Blue SLK 320
Posts: 239
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thanks: 31
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by king.stivan View Post
thanks im welling to put a new batteries just to do that :> and i need to download or look for the owners manuals ^^ you wouldnt know how to spot a bad head gasket job would you :P ??
Manual is here

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...230_slk320.pdf

Not sure on the head gasket, start with a compression test and gas analysis of the coolant. Is there mayonnaise in the oil filler or radiator header tank?
Aycee is offline  
#12 Old 04-14-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
Manual is here

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...230_slk320.pdf

Not sure on the head gasket, start with a compression test and gas analysis of the coolant. Is there mayonnaise in the oil filler or radiator header tank?
nope there is no mayo in the rad ^^ compression test i heard about and did one tbh but the gas analysis this is new !! i dont know if it helps or not but the car runs like a pig and when hot it starts to be unsmooth ofc the rad light is one most of the time .... the water is not that low its like a half a cup of so .
king.stivan is offline  
#13 Old 04-14-2013
Registered Users
 
Aycee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hampshire UK
Vehicle: 2002 Blue SLK 320
Posts: 239
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thanks: 31
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
Garage
Does it run better if you disconnect the supercharger. I wonder if your 'always on' Mod has affected something. Try disconnecting the MAF, if it smoothes out, it could be faulty.
Aycee is offline  
#14 Old 04-14-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
Does it run better if you disconnect the supercharger. I wonder if your 'always on' Mod has affected something. Try disconnecting the MAF, if it smoothes out, it could be faulty.
its has a new MAF and tbh i didnt feel anything from the s/c being on or off for that matter . but i recall that before i "fixed" my s/c some times manly when cold the car would run superfast !!! i can hit 240kph easy but most of the time i couldnt do 180 QQ its not about that speed but its from 0-140 for me its just slower than a corolla >>
king.stivan is offline  
#15 Old 04-17-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
Does it run better if you disconnect the supercharger. I wonder if your 'always on' Mod has affected something. Try disconnecting the MAF, if it smoothes out, it could be faulty.
i tried disconnecting the MAF the car didnt even start QQ
king.stivan is offline  
#16 Old 04-18-2013
Registered Users
 
king.stivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: kuwait
Vehicle: SLK 230 R170 1998
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to king.stivan
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king.stivan View Post
i tried disconnecting the MAF the car didnt even start QQ
ok i disconnected it while the car was running and the car got slower what doz that mean ?? the car has no torque what so ever :S
king.stivan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mercedes Benz SLK Forum > Mercedes Benz R170 SLK Class Cars > SLK R170 General Discussion

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Upload your files to MEGAUPLOAD
Upload your images to ImageShack

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes Benz SLK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New here > Hi to all! SLKEIRE New Members Introduce Yourself Here 25 08-24-2012 09:16 PM
SLK 55 AMG body kit - > SLK 200 ML (2005 year) torque6 General Modifications R171 4 04-22-2012 07:28 AM
Ntg1 -> ntg2.5 Project X General Modifications R171 5 03-09-2011 05:51 PM
Wanted > Short antenna =) goldenjai SLK Parts Wanted 6 07-09-2010 08:11 PM
Audio 10 -> becker sat nav slk320(r170) MR KILMOUSKI SLK R170 class DIY 0 03-17-2010 07:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.