selling my RHD Xenon headlights which are in very good shape except for age related yellowish tint
. Offering them at a discount price as they need to go so I can free up space in the garage.
They came off my SLK 55 AMG in replacement for LHD headlights needed in Continental Europe.
Here are the details:
1) re. the donor car
- LHD SLK R171
- built as LHD for the Japanese market despite being a left side traffic country
- 18k miles on the clock
- built in 01-2005, thus a pre-facelift model
- MB option code is 618 'bi-xenon headlights left hand traffic'
2) re. the headlights
- original Hella bi-xenon headlights with all ECUs attached
- fully functioning
- all holding clips to attach the lights to the body (4 of them on each light) are perfectly ok, nothing damaged or broken
- there are 6 copper braces to attach the glass to the body of the headlight. Two of them are missing on the left headlight which does not impede the function. Not sure if they can be bought seperately at MB.
- Part numbers should be A 171 820 39 61 for the left unit and A 171 820 40 61 for the right unit (however the numbers seem to have been removed from the plastic housings of the headlights, no idea why)
3) what is left to do for the buyer
a) polish: age related yellowish tint on both headlights, however no scratches, tears, or stone chips - having them polished at a detailer should cost about 50 - 70 GBP
b) replace bulbs: strongly recommend fitting new xenon bulbs as fitting them once installed in the car is a pain
c) potentially replace the 2 missing copper braces which will likely amount to less than 5 GBP
Given the headlights need work done as described in (3) above, I am offering the pair for 180 GBP
(or USD or EUR equivalent based on exchange rate at date of sale) excl. shipping to buyer's location.
Payment would be via money transfer (transferwise.com or OFX.com to avoid ridiculous bank charges) prior to shipping.
would be from Germany and at the buyer's expense
. Shipping charges would depend on buyer's location.
As an example, I'd charge 50 GBP for two big parcels via DHL to the UK.
Any questions please let me know