SLC gets updated for 2018 - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

SLC General Discussion SLC 180,200,300,250d,43 AMG

 5Likes
  • 2 Post By Delucas
  • 1 Post By jet_fl
  • 1 Post By MarkChat
  • 1 Post By Welshdrive
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 06-14-2018
Premium Member
 
Delucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KENT
Vehicle: MERCEDES SLK 171 - 09. - SLK KENT GROUP MEET - EVENT ORGANISER
Posts: 4,792
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Thanks: 52
Thanked 343 Times in 321 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
SLC gets updated for 2018

Mercedes SLC updated for 2018 | Auto Express
Trev5 and Jules555 like this.
Delucas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 06-14-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reken, Germany
Vehicle: Audi TTRS MY2017
Other Toys: Whyte Prst-1, MY2017 Audi A6 allroad Competition, 1/50th Twin Squirrel, 2006 Fabia vRS Hybrid
Posts: 1,903
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Thanks: 108
Thanked 230 Times in 217 Posts
It would be good to see the diesels back but I don’t think we will somehow....

And I believe red is now a standard colour option again (Jupiter Red?)
wja96 is offline  
#3 Old 06-14-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK, Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire border
Vehicle: 2016 SLC 200 9G AMG Line, Indium Grey
Other Toys: Trek Hybrid bike!
Posts: 143
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Thanks: 40
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
This is really confusing, I've just read the AutoExpress article from the link above and then had a look at the e-brochure from Mercedes Benz UK website.

I think the AutoExpress article might have got it slightly wrong, in terms of the options and the available engines.

The e-brochure shows only the SLC200 and the AMG 43, with the new more powerful Engine. Interestingly no mention of the SLC300, SLC180 or the diesel. Interesting if the SLC300 and the MX-5 chasing SLC180 have both been dropped, maybe they weren't selling...

The standard equipment and available options don't appear to have changed at all - perhaps the main body of the brochure still needs to be updated.

Anyone seen any news elsewhere about what's changed?

M
Welshdrive is offline  
 
#4 Old 06-14-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Orlando
Vehicle: 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
Other Toys: 335Xi (modded) Suzuki GSXR1000
Posts: 684
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
The US gets only the SLC300 (2.0l turbo) and SLC43 (3.0l turbo).
SLKomatic likes this.
jet_fl is offline  
#5 Old 06-15-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE London
Vehicle: SLC43 AMG, 2018 update (390bhp) Designo Hyacinth Red with AMG Ride Control suspension
Posts: 151
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshdrive View Post
This is really confusing, I've just read the AutoExpress article from the link above and then had a look at the e-brochure from Mercedes Benz UK website.

I think the AutoExpress article might have got it slightly wrong, in terms of the options and the available engines.

The e-brochure shows only the SLC200 and the AMG 43, with the new more powerful Engine. Interestingly no mention of the SLC300, SLC180 or the diesel. Interesting if the SLC300 and the MX-5 chasing SLC180 have both been dropped, maybe they weren't selling...

The standard equipment and available options don't appear to have changed at all - perhaps the main body of the brochure still needs to be updated.

Anyone seen any news elsewhere about what's changed?

M

https://www.slkworld.com/slk-r172-gen...ay-2018-a.html


I posted this a few weeks ago as my 2018 refresh SLC (Model year code 809) arrives in 6 days time hopefully (There is some confusion as to whether it has been put back two weeks or not as the dealer says the info they have in confusing)


I managed to get my dealer to confirm that mine is definitely the 809 year with the new uprated version of the AMG engine.
I've only really looked at the SLC43 AMG in detail as that's my car: there are different turbochargers on the 3.0l biturbo engine which increases the power to 390bhp and over a slightly higher rpm range (up to 6100 rpm now. CO2 emissions goes up slightly, but still within the same UK annual Road Fund Licence "tax" band).


Options are the same in the UK re the standard and optional extras for this model although the "connectivity" and in particular, Mercedes.me, looks to be enhanced and standard now.
In Germany, Jupiter red is selectable as a colour option but not on the UK configurator.


The UK SLC43 AMG now gets an LTE/4G communications module as standard whereas the other models get the UTF version as standard. This results in a "nipple" antenna being on the rear boot (trunk) lid unfortunately. I'd rather have the car without these connectivity "benefits" and delete this antenna but hey-ho!
MarkChat is offline  
#6 Old 06-15-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK, Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire border
Vehicle: 2016 SLC 200 9G AMG Line, Indium Grey
Other Toys: Trek Hybrid bike!
Posts: 143
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Thanks: 40
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkChat View Post
https://www.slkworld.com/slk-r172-gen...ay-2018-a.html


I posted this a few weeks ago as my 2018 refresh SLC (Model year code 809) arrives in 6 days time hopefully (There is some confusion as to whether it has been put back two weeks or not as the dealer says the info they have in confusing)


I managed to get my dealer to confirm that mine is definitely the 809 year with the new uprated version of the AMG engine.
I've only really looked at the SLC43 AMG in detail as that's my car: there are different turbochargers on the 3.0l biturbo engine which increases the power to 390bhp and over a slightly higher rpm range (up to 6100 rpm now. CO2 emissions goes up slightly, but still within the same UK annual Road Fund Licence "tax" band).


Options are the same in the UK re the standard and optional extras for this model although the "connectivity" and in particular, Mercedes.me, looks to be enhanced and standard now.
In Germany, Jupiter red is selectable as a colour option but not on the UK configurator.


The UK SLC43 AMG now gets an LTE/4G communications module as standard whereas the other models get the UTF version as standard. This results in a "nipple" antenna being on the rear boot (trunk) lid unfortunately. I'd rather have the car without these connectivity "benefits" and delete this antenna but hey-ho!


So the extra "nipple" might be a good way to quickly ID the cars with the uprated engine.


All will no doubt become clear in time about engine options available and what's standard or optional. In the meantime hope your new SLC turns up soon and you get to enjoy it.


M
Welshdrive is offline  
#7 Old 06-15-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE London
Vehicle: SLC43 AMG, 2018 update (390bhp) Designo Hyacinth Red with AMG Ride Control suspension
Posts: 151
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
It is very clear that the reporter doing the feature article in Auto Express doesn't know his backside from the SLC from his elbow.


There are lots of inaccuracies and also rubbish: The "new" options are not new at all! Harman Kardon has always been an option! aS have the clock, parktronic and lighting.


The SLC43 AMG is 390bhp not 385 as stated

Climate Control is NOT standard on the UK SLC43, just the air-con. Same with Intelligent LED lights - they have been standard on the UK SLC43 for a while. Plus Magno grey has been available for a while


As a side note, my delivery of factory order SLC43 has apparently been delayed because UK cars have to be individually tested for exhaust emissions and CO2 and the "generic average" fuel economy and emissions and CO2, as stated in the brochure, will not be taken as applying to individual cars. This could be a knock on from the VW (and now MB) fiasco over emissions lies / cover-ups


Does this mean that if you get a "better / worse than average" car with higher emissions, it will need to be de-tuned / re-tuned to make the emissions / CO2 fit within specific parameters?


(It's possible my dealer knows nothing, however, as they have been rubbish all along and I only stuck with them because the discount off list was way better than any other I could find.)
MarkChat is offline  
#8 Old 06-15-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE London
Vehicle: SLC43 AMG, 2018 update (390bhp) Designo Hyacinth Red with AMG Ride Control suspension
Posts: 151
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshdrive View Post
So the extra "nipple" might be a good way to quickly ID the cars with the uprated engine.




M
Does 390bhp = Scaramanga SLC?
Col likes this.
MarkChat is offline  
#9 Old 06-15-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Orlando
Vehicle: 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
Other Toys: 335Xi (modded) Suzuki GSXR1000
Posts: 684
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkChat View Post
It is very clear that the reporter doing the feature article in Auto Express doesn't know his backside from the SLC from his elbow.


There are lots of inaccuracies and also rubbish: The "new" options are not new at all! Harman Kardon has always been an option! aS have the clock, parktronic and lighting.


The SLC43 AMG is 390bhp not 385 as stated

Climate Control is NOT standard on the UK SLC43, just the air-con. Same with Intelligent LED lights - they have been standard on the UK SLC43 for a while. Plus Magno grey has been available for a while


As a side note, my delivery of factory order SLC43 has apparently been delayed because UK cars have to be individually tested for exhaust emissions and CO2 and the "generic average" fuel economy and emissions and CO2, as stated in the brochure, will not be taken as applying to individual cars. This could be a knock on from the VW (and now MB) fiasco over emissions lies / cover-ups


Does this mean that if you get a "better / worse than average" car with higher emissions, it will need to be de-tuned / re-tuned to make the emissions / CO2 fit within specific parameters?


(It's possible my dealer knows nothing, however, as they have been rubbish all along and I only stuck with them because the discount off list was way better than any other I could find.)
This is a US source and the car here does indeed have 385hp according to our rating system. Our horses are a little stronger than yours over the pond
jet_fl is offline  
#10 Old 06-16-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE London
Vehicle: SLC43 AMG, 2018 update (390bhp) Designo Hyacinth Red with AMG Ride Control suspension
Posts: 151
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_fl View Post
This is a US source and the car here does indeed have 385hp according to our rating system. Our horses are a little stronger than yours over the pond
Ah, yes, I see the specs for the N. American engine now - I see the reporter didn't check the source of the facts before publishing! (It's a UK Auto Express website so he should have converted US mule power to UK thoroughbred bhp for his target audience)


Nonetheless, just about every other snippet and fact in the article is incorrect for the UK too.
MarkChat is offline  
#11 Old 06-16-2018
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK, Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire border
Vehicle: 2016 SLC 200 9G AMG Line, Indium Grey
Other Toys: Trek Hybrid bike!
Posts: 143
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Thanks: 40
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_fl View Post
This is a US source and the car here does indeed have 385hp according to our rating system. Our horses are a little stronger than yours over the pond
385 bhp (Brake Horse Power) approximately equals 390 PS (Pferdestärke). PS is a contrived unit defined in a DIN standard, as to a lot of the world engine power outputs quoted in kW are meaningless. For information the above engine has 291 kW.

So you're both correct, but be careful to define your units of measure!
Trev5 likes this.
Welshdrive is offline  
#12 Old 08-16-2018
Premium Member

 
Trev5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basingstoke & Burnham
Vehicle: R172 SLC43 MY18 Sold: 2010 R171 SLK350
Other Toys: 406 Coupe for winter use..
Posts: 1,957
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Thanks: 102
Thanked 370 Times in 183 Posts
Garage
The 390bhp engine now being put in the SLC43 is the same engine that is fitted in the MB C43 Coupe & Cabriolet..

Talking to a MB dealer yesterday, there is limited supply of these 390bhp engines, and currently no fresh (UK?) Factory orders can be placed for the rest of 2018...!!
Plan "B" is You find a MB Dealer that has ordered a SLC43 for stock & see if they can change the spec/colour?
Trev5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mercedes Benz SLK Forum > Mercedes Benz R172 SLK Class Cars > SLC General Discussion

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Upload your files to MEGAUPLOAD
Upload your images to ImageShack

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes Benz SLK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz SLC 180 launched as new Mazda MX-5 RF rival Berliner Heckflosse SLC General Discussion 39 05-17-2017 03:28 PM
New Mercedes SLC UK prices and specs revealed – costs from £30,495 for the SLC 200 Sport Berliner Heckflosse Off Topic 7 03-06-2016 04:11 AM
UK specs and prices for SLC Harvey Yates SLK R172 General Discussion 11 01-29-2016 04:32 AM
2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, SLC, and SL Are Now Available to Order Berliner Heckflosse Off Topic 0 01-18-2016 12:29 PM
Mercedes-Benz SLC with optional Night Package Berliner Heckflosse SLK R172 General Discussion 9 12-30-2015 03:21 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.