I think there is a common agreement that updating the standard pulley of a 200K (m271) engine leads to a significant HP increase.
Prefacelift models include a 72mm pulley for the SC.
Facelift models include a 65mm pulley for the SC.
In both cases, the crank pulley has 175mm.
The smaller pulley (for instance IBF model) has 62mm. I believe this is the smallest pulley available for this engine.
1. Crank 175mm / supercharger 72mm = 2,43 gearing X 6.200rpm = 15.100 (All the 163hp with the 2080, 2180, 2380 etc.
2. Crank 175mm / supercharger 65mm = 2,69 gearing X 6.200rpm = 16.700 with the 184hp and 192hp with the 2780
3. Crank 175mm / supercharger custom 62mm = 2,82 gearing X 6.200rpm = 17.500
My first question here is, updating the stock fuel regulator (3.8bar) to a bosch 5.bar, would also lead to a HP increase?
The installation manual of Kleeman Bost kit for M271 indicates the update of the fuel filter by either a kleemann or bosch model (see attached).
My second question is connected to updating also the crank pulley. The kleemann pulley has 195mm.
5. Crank 195mm / supercharger 62mm = 3,14 gearing X 6.200rpm = 19.500
6. Crank 195mm / supercharger 65mm = 3 gearing X 7.000rpm = 21.000
7. Crank 195mm / supercharger 62mm = 3,14 gearing X 7.000rpm = 22.000
I don´t know the size of the SPEER Crank Pulley.
The experience of the user gogos is that the maximum rpms of the SC without breaking are: 19.500rpm
Thank gogos for your interesting information: https://mbworld.org/forums/performan...5-porting.html
Does anyone here has installed the Crank 195mm / supercharger 62mm combination?