- Finally my own opinion is you have to do the ECU remapping for the correct fuel supply, not to mention to reach ~190-195 Hp / 280-300 Nm
As promised I try to write some words about last friday's ECU remapping done by a specialist who only do ECU programming for 15 years and nothing else.
He programs specially for the customer and don't use template programs. His program depends on:
- The car (engine, type of gear, how many km's are in the car, modifications)
- What the customer needs (only optimalization, much better car inside the limits which are safe, racecar: push it to the limits...)
My most important claim was the car must be (it is an everyday car, and I don't have another) trustable, operate anytime and the upgraded performance must be inside the security limits because I want to sleep well at every night.
According to my upper needs we discussed he will modificate much things until 3000-3500 engine rpm, above that limit he will return to the manufacturer's original numbers successively - this method will guard the supercharger's lifetime. (If you don't care or don't worry about any part's lifetime the numbers below should be higher ofc.)
He made a first program and when we tried it I said some remarks and ask some fine tune in the upper rpm region against the well fuel consumption, so he wrote another program to achieve the goals.
Finally I am satisfied. I didn't do any serious measurement on Dyno because I don't care how much HP is it exactly - as I said it is an everyday car other viewpoint was more important for me.
Taking it by and large I have numbers:
~ 180-190 HP
~ 280-290 Nm
~ 15% improvement at 0-100 Km/h in 38 celsius outer air temperature
The gear shifts the 5th at 203 Km/h at 6250 rpm.
My automatic gear is faster, the reaction of the accelerator is quicker.
Whole car is more agile especially in lower velocity until 140-150 Km/h this is far enough for everyday use for me I think.
My costs was:
- IBF smaller SC pulley ~90 EUR
- ECU remapping ~390 EUR
TOTAL: ~480 EUR
p.s.: ECU remapping was after change to a smaller SC pulley, my post about the experiences is HERE