I have the Need wings CAI this was my feedback to them:
I just wanted to give you guys some feedback on the "CAI" I recently purchased for my SLK32AMG hopefully you will take this feedback in the positive light it is intended to improve the product in the future.
1) The items in the attachment do not fit the SLK32AMG and are not required. This is very confusing as this is not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. I suggest these parts should not be supplied in this kit as I purchased the kit in the SLK32AMG link on your website and wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to fit them!!!
2) The silicon Y coupler kept coming off. I need to cut 4 slots in it at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock for it to stay on correctly. Again no mention of this in the instructions and these should be pre-cut.
3) 70mm pipe. This is 4cm too short. The supplied pipe needs to be longer.
4) The Alu elbow is the wrong shape where it meets the bulk head (round peg - square hole)
5) Overall the whole kit would fit better and look better! if you had made it 70mm rather than 77mm There would be no need for the 70 to 77 converter which would visually look at lot better, being the same on both sides with less clips and join's. The main pipes stamped needwings would fit better and you most likely, would not require those silly wear pads. OK you lose 7mm on the pipe I would rather the kit installed better, look better and fit better than have the extra 7mm furthermore the pipe has already been restricted to 70mm so the increase is pointless!!!
Stage 1.. When I opened the kit, it looked fab and very professional.
Stage 2.. I was extremely disappointed in the fitting, taking 5 hours and a fair amount of rejigging to get it to fit.
Stage 3.. The car runs and sounds fab...
I am interested to know your thoughts on my comments. In my opinion you really need to work on number Stage 2 !!!
I would also be interested to here your comments on some feedback below I have received after the install when I mentioned better airflow: