Here is a brief list of the OEM parts you can use on your SLK320 to achieve additional power.
- C240/C320 Airbox: PN: A1120901501; this increases overall filter area by approximately 50%, Airbox volume by 35%, and increases intake tubes to 3", a 20% increase from stock
- M113 MAF: PN: A1130940048; The V8 MAF is a full 3" design that allows for increased flow. NOTE: You must swap out sensors and use only the housing of the V8.
- M113 Throttle Body: PN: A1131410125; The larger V8 TB is opened up to 74 mm and matches the inlet of the intake manifold perfectly.
- 430/500 M113 Fuel Injectors: PN: A1130780249; These injectors are rated at 19 lbs/hr and are a great upgrade for a bolt on car.
- C43/C55 M113 Fuel Injectors: PN: A1130780023; These monsters flow 21 lbs/hr and are perfect for a highly modified crossfire running headers, larger exhaust, cams, and head work. These injectors will support upwards of 275 HP.
- CLK430 Fuel Pump: PN: A0004707894; The stock fuel pump is more the adequate at 160 l/hr to support up to 390 Crank HP (N/A), but for those of us that like to push the envelope and have added a little boost or nitrous, then a new pump is in order. The M113 (CLK430 used as example) pump flows a healthy 205 l/hr and will support upwards of 500 HP N/A or 380 HP FI.
Our performance products are built around these OEM upgrades. We offer a larger MAF housing, upgraded injectors, 74mm TB, and soon a cold air intake.
The best route for upgrading these engines is as follows:
- Throttle Body
THe above, matched with a well flowing exhaust, has produced over 265HP on the M112 engine.