|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|04-24-2019 08:53 PM|
Originally Posted by Rooster OG View Post
|04-24-2019 08:48 PM|
|Rooster OG||What a goofy set up. I don’t think I could come up with a weirder cabin air filter design if I tried. I guess the air is double filtered? Is that why it’s folded in half? That would be a good thing I guess?|
|01-26-2019 11:08 AM|
On my to-do list
I'll have to spend less time on this forum because I keep coming across more things to do.
I just ordered the replacement filter.
|11-25-2018 07:32 AM|
|08-15-2018 04:40 PM|
|NMBruce||Thank You for the write up|
|07-14-2018 02:41 PM|
I appreciate all of the detail. I changed my filter yesterday on a 2015 R172 250. One thing to add is be sure to align the tabs of the cover on the backside (they face the footwell) with their mating slots (see the attached picture). You may need to push the cover toward the back of the footwell to ensure solid engagement of the tabs into the slots. The fit on mine was quite tight.
If you miss engaging the tabs, you probably won't be able to re-engage the slides. The cover will fall off.
I also fitted the filter into the recess of the cover and raised the cover and filter into the housing.
|01-12-2018 09:28 AM|
2014 2015 Mercedes SLK 250 CDI Cabin AIR Filter Change / Replacement
|05-02-2016 04:37 PM|
Originally Posted by Jajo View Post
|05-02-2016 04:36 PM|
Originally Posted by Jajo View Post
Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator
|05-02-2016 04:32 PM|
Can i clean the cabin air filter whit a vacuum cleaner?
kind regards from Holland
|07-24-2015 01:42 PM|
R172 SLK350 Cabin air filter replacement
2012 SLK 350 Cabin Filter Replacement
Part # Mann 999279E
1. Pull back carpet and padding on passenger side floor (PIC#1)
2. Remove panel under glove box. There are three T20 screwsholding it in place. These are located in the front. (PIC #2 )
3. Unhook connector to light and remove panel (PIC #3 )
4. Locate air conditioner cover. It has a hose connected to it and two whiteretaining sliding clips (PIC #4 )
5. Slide clips out and remove cover. The folded filter canthen be pulled out. Note the orientation of the filter so you can re-install itproperly.
6. Install new filter or clean it if it can be re-used. Notethat filter is folded and that the open end faces the right. There is anindentation in the plastic cover that shows the filter orientation.
7. Re-install cover by inserting the two prongs on theengine (back) side of the cover into the notches on the air conditionerhousing. Slide clips on front of cover to lock. Check to make sure cover is installed tightly by pulling on cover. Thenstart the car and turn on the air conditioning to check for air leakage.
8. Re-connect wiring to light and re-install panel using thethree T-20 screws.
9. Push carpet back into place.
JB Edit: Video added post 5