Hi Mark, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro!
We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time, although things tend to be a little quieter during the winter months. If you're interested in joining us sometime (we have a very popular Scottish Road Trip
planned for April), just keep an eye on the UK Region section
, as we post meeting plans there!
There is a summary post that I maintain for our UK meets ( here
). Links to examples and pictures from last year's meets are available here
. We're a friendly group, and always happy to welcome new members at any of our meets.
We also recently started plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map
Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:
Don’t forget to lube those seals:
Download your car’s brochure:
Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
to make your visit here more enjoyable:
- Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
FREE!! How to get a free data card!
- If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
- If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
- Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
- Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
- New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
- Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
- Finally, the Picture of the Day section is guaranteed to have something to make you smile each weekday morning!