Hi Steve, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us!
You have another relatively new member very near to you ( @DaveR.
at Red Post )... Check out the new members map I created recently, and let me know if you'd like me to add you to it too:
We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time. If you're interested in joining us sometime, just keep an eye on the UK Region section
, as we post meeting plans there!
There's a summary post that I maintain for all UK meets here
, and links to examples and pictures from this year's past meets are available here
First please update your profile with your vehicle year and model (e.g. "2005 SLK 200"), if you haven’t already done so, as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
Follow this to update: ‘User CP’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ (and then click ‘SAVE CHANGES’ button at the bottom of the page). Info in your garage does not update your profile.
Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:
Don’t forget to lube those seals:
Download your car’s brochure:
Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
to make your visit here more enjoyable:
- Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
FREE!! How to get a free data card!
- If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
- If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
- Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
- Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
- New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
- Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum