Founding Member #2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Vehicle: 2008 SLK 55
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Thanked 3,142 Times in 2,269 Posts
Welcome from California.
From Gabus (Da R170 Man):
Clearing fogged headlamps and/or fog lamps.
1. Drive the car into the workshop and connect the exhaust extractor. In dry weather, this can also be performed outside.
2. Start the engine and switch on the low beam + high beam, front fog lamps and hazard warning lamps.
3. Leave the vehicle in this state for 20 minutes.
4. Switch off all lights and the engine.
5. If the headlamps and/or fog lamps are completely clear, the observed fogging or water is normal. If not, the headlamp or fog lamp is not functioning correctly and should be replaced.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pewter(cubanitsilber metallic)/Beige, PIII package, Airscarf, Hands-Free Communication System, Lighting package; Designo Black Leather Cover on e-brake handle(Thank you Bill T), SmartTop v3.x, John's 3BFM, M113 AMG OEM air filters, Modified R170 ant., clear side-markers & front parking lamps w/error-free LEDs, chromed front & rear turn indicator lamps, steel mesh at battery bay cover & cabin air intake, sock-over-seatbelt buckles, belt-loop guide protectors, Lamin-X fog lamp protectors, bilateral rear fog lamps enabled, AMG crest on gear shift knob