Sl350 Amg - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Mercedes Benz Posers Photos of Posers trying to pass their Benz off as models that they are not to the uninformed with incorrect badges

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 03-21-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Exeter, UK
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML320 CDI Sport - Fully Loaded!
Posts: 240
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Talking Sl350 Amg

This morning, whilst I was loading the shopping into my car at my local supermarket, I noticed a Mercedes SL-Class stop outside the store and a young lady (in her 30s, blonde hair, huge heels...you know the type), get out of the passenger side.

As I returned my trolley to the trolley park, I deliberatly walked past the car for a nose, and noticed that it was badged as 'SL350 AMG', and also had AMG alloys fitted.

When I glanced at the drivers window, there was an old timer (about 70) sat behind the wheel.

I'm guessing that he didn't fit the 'AMG' badging, so I wonder if he was aware that his car wasn't really an AMG

Sadly I didn't get a picture!
ryan.stephens is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 03-21-2008
r

 
Woolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Co. Durham, UK
Vehicle: SLK350 MT
Other Toys: CLK 270CDI (Slushbox!!)
Posts: 17,375
Country:
Chats: 1297
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Thanks: 2,912
Thanked 3,515 Times in 2,416 Posts
Garage
A 70yo with a 30yo blonde - Aww My God






To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MB SLK 350 Andradite Green (6 speed manual)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Woolly is offline  
#3 Old 03-21-2008
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Hey thats the power of a Mercedes, you should look more closely under your car mate i'm sure you will find 5-10 20yo's stuck on the undertray.

Its like a magnet.

Ryan, just to be sure did you get a good look at her? she could be 150 and have a good surgeon.
 
#4 Old 03-21-2008
Registered Users

 
alroumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GMT+3
Vehicle: Kleemann K2
Posts: 10,721
Country:
Chats: 1
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,030
Thanked 922 Times in 634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly View Post
A 70yo with a 30yo blonde - Aww My God
He is living his life well,

06 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
alroumi is offline  
#5 Old 03-21-2008
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroumi View Post
He is living his life well,
Can you say heart attack!
#6 Old 03-21-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Exeter, UK
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML320 CDI Sport - Fully Loaded!
Posts: 240
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansSlk View Post
Can you say heart attack!
Perhaps she's not as blonde she looks...he kicks the bucket and she gets a free SL350!
ryan.stephens is offline  
#7 Old 03-21-2008
Registered Users
 
PsychoAzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Other Toys: 2005 ML350, 2007 C200
Posts: 107
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i saw a C200 yesterday...

with AMG badge on the left and Kompressor badge on the right.

i laughed
PsychoAzn is offline  
#8 Old 03-22-2008
Registered Users

 
alroumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GMT+3
Vehicle: Kleemann K2
Posts: 10,721
Country:
Chats: 1
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,030
Thanked 922 Times in 634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansSlk View Post
Can you say heart attack!
Hey mate, lets not start thinking about something bad and I hope it doesnt happen to him. He might get it if he then recoginze's he is in a fake AMG.

06 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
alroumi is offline  
#9 Old 03-22-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mid Coast NSW
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350 & 2007 B200 Turbo
Other Toys: Mac Computer
Posts: 18
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If one AMG badge can get you a 30yr old blonde, I might buy two......LOL

He might have been 25yr but have aged quickly....blondes can cause that.....LOL

Good luck to him and the blonde.
ozzislk is offline  
#10 Old 03-22-2008
Founding member #7
 
mtiede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western New York
Vehicle: 2017 SLC 300R
Posts: 2,151
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thanks: 265
Thanked 149 Times in 98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansSlk View Post
Can you say heart attack!
As the old joke goes, "If she dies, she dies."
mtiede is offline  
#11 Old 03-25-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Exeter, UK
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML320 CDI Sport - Fully Loaded!
Posts: 240
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
When I get my SLK I'm going to debadge it

Not because I'm one of these people who by a less powerful model and want to hide it (surely if I was then I would want to upbadge it?!), but because it looks 'cleaner' and is one less thing to work on when detailing
ryan.stephens is offline  
#12 Old 03-25-2008
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroumi View Post
Hey mate, lets not start thinking about something bad and I hope it doesnt happen to him. He might get it if he then recoginze's he is in a fake AMG.
Certainly not wishing anything bad on him mate, 100% not my style i don't wish bad luck on anybody.

If a 70 year old can match the pace of a 25 year old blonde for any length of time i want to know what he eats for breakfast and what gym he goes to!
#13 Old 03-26-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Germany
Vehicle: 09 SLK AMG 55
Posts: 250
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 20
Thanked 57 Times in 22 Posts
I love this thread and have had many laughs... On a more conservative note, has anyone de-badged a true AMG? I've considered de-badging it to avoid vandalism, such as if parked on the street (or public parking garage) and having it "keyed" due to some jealous jerk walking by... But then again the AMG is an AMG... I guess there is nothing 100% you can do to protect your interests, but possibly something to reduce the risks... Thoughts?
KTownAMG is offline  
#14 Old 03-26-2008
Founding member #7
 
mtiede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western New York
Vehicle: 2017 SLC 300R
Posts: 2,151
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thanks: 265
Thanked 149 Times in 98 Posts
I'm guessing someone who would be idiotic enough to key a car due to jealousy would also be too stupid to even realize what AMG is. So I doubt the badge would make a difference.
mtiede is offline  
#15 Old 03-26-2008
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTownAMG View Post
I love this thread and have had many laughs... On a more conservative note, has anyone de-badged a true AMG? I've considered de-badging it to avoid vandalism, such as if parked on the street (or public parking garage) and having it "keyed" due to some jealous jerk walking by... But then again the AMG is an AMG... I guess there is nothing 100% you can do to protect your interests, but possibly something to reduce the risks... Thoughts?
cyberdrakon's car is de-badged and mine was de-badged before i gave it the Brabus treatment and then after a while i got bored of the look so i de-badged it again.
#16 Old 03-29-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hull
Other Toys: tl1000r,kwaka jetski,crf450sopermoto,toyota mr2,bespoke supermoto,140 pitbike
Posts: 12
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lads,ive just looked through aloada of these so called poser posts just in general interest to find alot of people talking down alot of these other merc drivers,eeerm i dont get it !!!!! every1 has there own opinion and to right!! but good or bad arnt they meant to be part of this benz owner group ?? i didnt realise this amg badge was such a joke,ive got a 230 and yep its got an amg badge onit and yep i know it aint an amg and people who ask i tell em its not but i did get told it had round 5grands worth ov amg styling bits onit from factory so are you all saying any1 with the styling side of things amg is also a joke coz there just wannabes aswell then?????????
monkxtreme is offline  
#17 Old 03-30-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Exeter, UK
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML320 CDI Sport - Fully Loaded!
Posts: 240
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
I can't speak for the other members of this forum, but what I personally feel is that UPBADGING your vehicle is a bit of an insult towards Mercedes who spend time and money developing their engines, and also strips that exclusivness you get from owning a Mercedes.

For example Yves Sain Laurent was a unique designer brand, but has since found its way into discount sports stores and on to the backs of what are known as chavs in the UK.

Customisation of your vehicle with stylings and retrofits are fine as your vehicle remains the same underneath but just makes it unique to your personality.
ryan.stephens is offline  
#18 Old 03-30-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hull
Other Toys: tl1000r,kwaka jetski,crf450sopermoto,toyota mr2,bespoke supermoto,140 pitbike
Posts: 12
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi,yeah i do get that side of it people who actualy own a car tuned by amg but like i said i didnt put the badge on my car mercedes did but for example im into motorbikes and my bikes got a yoshimura exhaust system and yep its got the sticker onit 2 and the majority of people who are into bikes understand that its probably not tuned by yoshi butr that its got sum yoshi parts onit and im presuming when my car was 1st purchased mercedes badged it because of the same reason i could be wrong tho,but i do see yours and others side of things and in sum circumstances i would agree ! cheers for the reply back anyhow
monkxtreme is offline  
#19 Old 03-30-2008
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
If you re-read the threads about this stuff on this site in particular i think you will find that most of us don't have a problem with the AMG badge itself provided it has a reason to be on the car.

AMG tuned - Perfect reason
Full AMG bodykit - Good enough reason (original type designation should not be removed)
AMG alloy's - Not a good enough reason.

If you have a non-AMG model with the full AMG sport bodykit (not a kit from a full AMG) then as i said above so long as you don't remove the type designation i.e SLK350 then its normally cool because all your saying is the car has AMG parts on it.

You don't put a Brabus badge on a car because you have Brabus alloys only and its the same with AMG.

If anybody puts a 55 badge on a 350 however then they are going to get a flaming and rightly so.
#20 Old 03-30-2008
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hull
Other Toys: tl1000r,kwaka jetski,crf450sopermoto,toyota mr2,bespoke supermoto,140 pitbike
Posts: 12
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah i get that,cheers 4 easin that down 4me ,needless to say it just hit a nerve about my new bargain purchase !!
monkxtreme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mercedes Benz SLK Forum > General Discussion about Mercedes Benz SLKs > Mercedes Benz Posers

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Upload your files to MEGAUPLOAD
Upload your images to ImageShack

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes Benz SLK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I give you a dedicated thread to the CLK GTR AMG,built to prove AMG's dominance alroumi AMGs 0 05-04-2008 02:17 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.