NEW ROADTRIP California-Texas - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

MB Events Announce SLKWorld local meetings, club meetings, racing events, rally's, drag racing or car shows here

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Klinh
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 08-12-2012
Registered Users
 
MAR84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: El Paso, TEXAS
Vehicle: 2003 SLK 230 Komp. R170
Other Toys: Air Freshener
Posts: 97
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 37
Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Cool NEW ROADTRIP California-Texas

So I noticed there wasn't an area for the texans to post, but I figure I might as well post my whole road trip and see if anyone is interested in joining.

So, I'm new to the whole MB thing and I will be buying one on Thursday.
So I will be flying into San Diego around 4pm and I should have the car in hand soon after, or should I say butt in seat? Anyway, I figure it would be some good evening photos or night shots too just not too long because I don't want to drive really late. My next stop would be Tucson,Az!

I might stay the night there Im originally from Tucson and I will be stopping by to see my mother for a bit. After that I will be driving to Dallas, TX. I will be there a few days then head out to El Paso, my new home.

Anyone interested in joining my in the trip is very welcome! <---- is root beer.
MAR84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 08-12-2012
Premium Member
 
Durkatlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle: 2009 SLK55
Posts: 4,887
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Thanks: 390
Thanked 1,322 Times in 790 Posts
Garage
I will be around on Thursday. Not sure what kind of things you want to see. Are you saying you're landing @ 4pm and almost immediately heading off to Tucson? Probably not much time to do anything then, especially since it'll be a weekday and you'll be fighting commuter traffic everywhere you go.
Durkatlon is offline  
#3 Old 08-13-2012
Registered Users
 
MAR84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: El Paso, TEXAS
Vehicle: 2003 SLK 230 Komp. R170
Other Toys: Air Freshener
Posts: 97
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 37
Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkatlon View Post
I will be around on Thursday. Not sure what kind of things you want to see. Are you saying you're landing @ 4pm and almost immediately heading off to Tucson? Probably not much time to do anything then, especially since it'll be a weekday and you'll be fighting commuter traffic everywhere you go.

Well, since Im from Arizona, I dont see the ocean much, so I think beach pictures would be good. Ill be landing and getting my car. I wont leave for Tucson until evening time, maybe after dinner, Im sure Ill have a small dinner so I dont feel sleepy. Plus Ill be trying to go after the go home from work rush
MAR84 is offline  
 
#4 Old 08-14-2012
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside
Vehicle: 09' SLK55 w'AMG Performance Package
Posts: 500
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 96 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR84 View Post
So I noticed there wasn't an area for the texans to post, but I figure I might as well post my whole road trip and see if anyone is interested in joining.

So, I'm new to the whole MB thing and I will be buying one on Thursday.
So I will be flying into San Diego around 4pm and I should have the car in hand soon after, or should I say butt in seat? Anyway, I figure it would be some good evening photos or night shots too just not too long because I don't want to drive really late. My next stop would be Tucson,Az!

I might stay the night there Im originally from Tucson and I will be stopping by to see my mother for a bit. After that I will be driving to Dallas, TX. I will be there a few days then head out to El Paso, my new home.

Anyone interested in joining my in the trip is very welcome! <---- is root beer.

6 months ago, I bought mine Slk55 from Houston, TX. I drove 21 hrs (stop for lunch and gases) and 1500 miles to Cali. I love the long drives.
MAR84 likes this.
Klinh is offline  
#5 Old 08-14-2012
Premium Member
 
Durkatlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle: 2009 SLK55
Posts: 4,887
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Thanks: 390
Thanked 1,322 Times in 790 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR84 View Post
Well, since Im from Arizona, I dont see the ocean much, so I think beach pictures would be good. Ill be landing and getting my car. I wont leave for Tucson until evening time, maybe after dinner, Im sure Ill have a small dinner so I dont feel sleepy. Plus Ill be trying to go after the go home from work rush
I'll PM you my email address to see if we can arrange some kind of meet-up.
Durkatlon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mercedes Benz SLK Forum > Club and Regional Discussion Forum > MB Events

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Upload your files to MEGAUPLOAD
Upload your images to ImageShack

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes Benz SLK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TEXAS! What a Great State! SLKman Off Topic 8 12-04-2014 10:02 AM
New guy! Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California too! MAR84 New Members Introduce Yourself Here 32 08-17-2012 04:54 AM
SLWorld California roadtrip summer 2012 Bleen U.S. California 154 07-14-2012 09:41 AM
Sixth Annual Texas Mercedes-Benz Get Together-Saturday, June 11, 2011 H-townbenzoboy U.S. Southeast Region 2 05-30-2011 02:38 PM
Sixth Annual Texas Mercedes-Benz Get Together-Saturday, June 11, 2011 H-townbenzoboy MB Events 0 02-24-2011 05:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.