Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marietta, GA
Vehicle: 2014 BMW i3, 2014 BMW i3, 2013 Smart ED, 2005 SLK350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 94 Times in 62 Posts
I bought my "Certified Used" 2005 in March and put 5,000 miles on so far. It's been in the dealer for 4.5 weeks out of the 7 months we've owned it.
Here's my list:
1) Headlights replaced
2) Rear View Mirror replaced
3) Some internal radio part replaced (didn't fix problem)
4) Battery and Alternator part replaced
5) Trunk seals replaced and roof realigned to fix water leak
6) Noise canceling mic for phone installed / replaced
7) Constant squeak / rattle from the passenger vent, waiting for a part
8) Roof extreme rattles at low speeds when humid or after rain, lubricated once at dealer, but still does it.
9) iPod volume low / doesn't update / respond to controls when switching between SAT and iPod.
7,8 & 9 will be fixed next when the parts comes in. I'm sure they'll have to keep it at least a couple days. No same day turn around it appears.
I also apparently bent several of my wheels when I hit a pot hole at the airport, it's causing vibration. This was entirely my fault though.
I have had a string of bad luck with German cars; BMW 3 series, Audi TT, and now SLK. Haven't had many issues with my Japanese car, Infiniti FX45.
I still like the car, but have a constant feeling something else will fail. I'm probably not keeping it past the warranty expiration, but there is nothing else I would want to replace it. Maybe an SL55 in a couple years.