Just wanted to say "Hi" to the community.
I've been visiting this forum for a few months now and I really love it!
I'm driving a black SLK200 since 2004 and I'm enjoying the car a lot.
As I'm a DIY, I've put in several mods to the car such as:
- an engine performance kit (stock 163 hp was a bit to slow for me )
- the front brakes have been replaced by a Movit 6-Pot system (awsome!!), the stock ones kept on failing and had to be replaced with every maintenance.
- replaced the stock suspension with a KW-Variant 3 system, this really improves the car's driving capabilities a lot!
- added the TV module to the comand DVD system
- installed a camera at the front of the car (I like to record my runnings on the track when I'm driving on the Nurburg Ring)
- got the LSD doors (this I added just for the fun of it, I hardly ever use them)
- and the latest (still work in progress) is a complete car computer system which is installed in the trunk where the spare tire resides.
It's hooked up to the OBD port of the car, so I can record my runs via the camera and add the info of the engine (ECU) to the movie
and monitor the car's variables.
It also works with Wi-Fi so I can upload music and stuff when the car is at home.
When the car is not at home, I use a 3G/HSDPA datacard to connect the car on the internet.
I think that's about it.
If anyone wants more details, no problemo!
PS: Is it possible to change my name from machiavelian to Bram ?
No idea why I used that old nick