How accurate is NADA or KBB? - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

AMGs For those high performance Mercedes-Benz R170-SLK 32/R171-SLK 55/R172-SLK 55 cars tuned by AMG -

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 09-04-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Other Toys: Sailboats, bikes, motorcycles, women, and now fast cars
Posts: 4
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
How accurate is NADA or KBB?

I've got a 2006 SL55 AMG with about 70,000 miles. Dealer maintained... I'm about to sell this rocket ship but am wondering how accurate the pricing info is coming from KBB and NADA's websites. How do I price this accurately, meaning I'm not in a hurry to sell, and I want the most dollar for the best car I've ever owned but I want to be reasonable at the same time.

Suggestions?
tc0nn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 09-04-2013
Minion

 
slk320chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Other Toys: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Posts: 5,602
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Thanks: 555
Thanked 570 Times in 502 Posts
Don't use kbb.. check edmunds, cars.com, autotrader and ebay to get a feel of what the going market rate is. KBB really only provides a guestimate of what the dealer trade in is worth, and even then they low ball you.

Just my 2 cents.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slk320chick is offline  
#3 Old 09-04-2013
Administrator/Founding Member

 
jbanks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Vehicle: 2009 SLK 55 AMG Kleemann Supercharger, ECU tune, Headers and LSD, CF Diffuser
Posts: 91,165
Country:
Chats: 38
Mentioned: 458 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6494 Post(s)
Thanks: 3,232
Thanked 11,025 Times in 8,384 Posts
you are going to take a hit. I think my 09 amg in excellent goes for $40k last time i checked private party


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff, US Army Master Sergeant Retired
Administrator/Founding Member
2009 SLK 55 AMG Black/Black
Kleemann Supercharger thread here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kleemann ECU Tune, headers and downpipes thread here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Albums:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ClearBra
OEM MB Plexiglass Draught Stop
Smarttop version 3.22
Previous - 02 SLK 320, 05 SLK 350
jbanks15 is online now  
 
#4 Old 09-04-2013
Registered Users

 
Gbarringer100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Little River, SC
Vehicle: 2007 SLK350 BLK/BLK
Other Toys: 2016 GLA250
Posts: 2,309
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 404 Times in 350 Posts
Garage
Look at prices for cars being sold on cars.com or autotrader.com. These are current market selling price. Compare your car to those you see on these sites and then price yours.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gbarringer100 is offline  
#5 Old 09-04-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver British Columbia
Vehicle: 2005 SLK350 MT
Other Toys: 69 BSA, 78 Goldwing, 95 Honda Shadow, 85 Corvette, 05 S430, 2017 Honda CRV
Posts: 844
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thanks: 31
Thanked 106 Times in 82 Posts
Garage
Although the conspiracy theorists may disagree, KBB analyzes thousands of used car sales each year and provides an accurate, un-biased analysis of used car prices. Of course the analysis is only as accurate as the input data so in a low production car the data wil have some anomalies. Edmunds is also a good source as it provides more variations in car condition although most sellers rate their car too highly. Edmunds lists your car at about $27.8k while KBB lists it at 27.5k and NADA lists it at $25K . Nada does not consider seller location and for my neighbourhood is about 5% low.

Prices on autotrader etc are asking price and may not reflect the actual value of the car. The KBB dataset considers the duration a car remains unsold at a certain price point and flags that price as high.

Gordon
gdb069 is offline  
#6 Old 09-04-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Vehicle: 2005 SLK55, 2006 Range Rover SC'd
Posts: 35
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Been working at Exotic Motors for 4 months now and every now and than I get a customer that comes and tells me my car is worth this much because that's what KBB suggested. And let me tell you, I have no idea where they get their numbers from but they are way off on every car. Sometime ridiculously off. What the other members said, look up inventory on cars.com, autotrader etc.. and look what similar cars like yours go for and price it accordingly. And btw, it's better to price it very close to what you are willing to let it go for and discount it very little when you get a buyer, rather than what the top off the market is and than discount it big. This way you'll get a lot more traffic.

Last edited by tasho3; 09-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.
tasho3 is offline  
#7 Old 09-04-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Vehicle: 1999 SLK 230 "Sport"
Other Toys: 1972 & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Posts: 351
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Garage
NADA/Kelly/ Black Book etc are all "Value Guides".. they only put you in the ball park for what the current market looks like, averaged across the Nation. The provide only a {ROM} Rough Order Of Magnitude. In effect - is your car currently worth $10K or $20K, or $40K or $50K etc etc.

They are only a good reference point... if I have to pick one - most of the time NADA is close to reality. Also keep in mind that used car values go down almost every month - and for sure ever model year. The values published - are a couple months behind the market as well.

A private owner selling a car - if it is without any problems what so ever - you should expect to find a buyer at something under NADA Clean Trade In.

A private owner can't compete with the Dealers who can take trade-in's, arrange financing, give limited warranties. Plus the Dealers have the power of Advertising and Visibility of drive by buyers.

Keep in mind that most Dealers will "ask" something above NADA Clean Retail - just to start the negotion/dealing. They have to play games with the numbers on the trade-in's - or they want to be able to knock a few thousand off the "asking" price to close a deal.

An original owner can draw more serious buyers - if he has all the documentation, books, records, Service History - and he can usually expect to sell the car quicker and for a little more - maybe a grand more than the next guy.

Good advice to survey the market within your State - and get a feel for the competition. If Dealers are "asking" $26K to $28K - keep in mind that they will sell the car for the first $23K they can get. Yes there is that much markup in late model Used Cars.. the Dealer most likely had an Actual Cash Value in the car of something close to $17/18K... 18+9=27...

If I were selling it privately - I'd advertise it at $23,995.00 - with really great pictures showing details of how clean and well cared for it has been. Then I'd grab the first cash offer of $19,500.00 to $21K that I received in the first 30 days... Rather than try to get $22K three to six months later. Most Serious Buyers looking for a car - will buy something within the first 30 to 60 days that the mood hits them..

FWIW,
Carl B.
jbanks15 likes this.
Carl Beck is offline  
#8 Old 09-04-2013
Registered Users

 
Gbarringer100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Little River, SC
Vehicle: 2007 SLK350 BLK/BLK
Other Toys: 2016 GLA250
Posts: 2,309
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 404 Times in 350 Posts
Garage
Buyers are using online sites in shopping for a used car. You are competing with them so you need to price it near their prices. Cars like SLK, people will travel miles to buy or have one shipped across county. The sites like cars.com, autotrader.com and many others are good places for price and adv. your car.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gbarringer100 is offline  
#9 Old 09-05-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Vehicle: 2005 SLK55, 2006 Range Rover SC'd
Posts: 35
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Beck View Post
NADA/Kelly/ Black Book etc are all "Value Guides".. they only put you in the ball park for what the current market looks like, averaged across the Nation. The provide only a {ROM} Rough Order Of Magnitude. In effect - is your car currently worth $10K or $20K, or $40K or $50K etc etc.

They are only a good reference point... if I have to pick one - most of the time NADA is close to reality. Also keep in mind that used car values go down almost every month - and for sure ever model year. The values published - are a couple months behind the market as well.

A private owner selling a car - if it is without any problems what so ever - you should expect to find a buyer at something under NADA Clean Trade In.

A private owner can't compete with the Dealers who can take trade-in's, arrange financing, give limited warranties. Plus the Dealers have the power of Advertising and Visibility of drive by buyers.

Keep in mind that most Dealers will "ask" something above NADA Clean Retail - just to start the negotion/dealing. They have to play games with the numbers on the trade-in's - or they want to be able to knock a few thousand off the "asking" price to close a deal.

An original owner can draw more serious buyers - if he has all the documentation, books, records, Service History - and he can usually expect to sell the car quicker and for a little more - maybe a grand more than the next guy.

Good advice to survey the market within your State - and get a feel for the competition. If Dealers are "asking" $26K to $28K - keep in mind that they will sell the car for the first $23K they can get. Yes there is that much markup in late model Used Cars.. the Dealer most likely had an Actual Cash Value in the car of something close to $17/18K... 18+9=27...

If I were selling it privately - I'd advertise it at $23,995.00 - with really great pictures showing details of how clean and well cared for it has been. Then I'd grab the first cash offer of $19,500.00 to $21K that I received in the first 30 days... Rather than try to get $22K three to six months later. Most Serious Buyers looking for a car - will buy something within the first 30 to 60 days that the mood hits them..

FWIW,
Carl B.
Where are these dealerships with that kind of markup on a $20k-25k car? I would love to work there. At our dealerhsip we have $3k tops, and 80% of the cars sell at asking price. Although we do have the lowest prices and thats why we do 130+ cars a month.
tasho3 is offline  
#10 Old 09-06-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Vehicle: 1999 SLK 230 "Sport"
Other Toys: 1972 & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Posts: 351
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Garage
Hi tcOnn:
Here is a good example - from our own Classifieds

2006 SLK55 AMG with 74K miles:
NADA Shows 20,925.00 as Clean Trade-In and 24,525.00 as Clean Retail

Listed July 20, 2013 at $25,000.00 - - - sold in Aug. on E-Bay for $22,500.00.
Seller paid I believe 10% E-Bay fees - $2250.00 so net to him was 20,250.00

https://www.slkworld.com/slk-cars-sal...e-25000-a.html
Carl Beck is offline  
#11 Old 09-06-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver British Columbia
Vehicle: 2005 SLK350 MT
Other Toys: 69 BSA, 78 Goldwing, 95 Honda Shadow, 85 Corvette, 05 S430, 2017 Honda CRV
Posts: 844
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thanks: 31
Thanked 106 Times in 82 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Beck View Post
Hi tcOnn:
Here is a good example - from our own Classifieds

2006 SLK55 AMG with 74K miles:
NADA Shows 20,925.00 as Clean Trade-In and 24,525.00 as Clean Retail

Listed July 20, 2013 at $25,000.00 - - - sold in Aug. on E-Bay for $22,500.00.
Seller paid I believe 10% E-Bay fees - $2250.00 so net to him was 20,250.00

https://www.slkworld.com/slk-cars-sal...e-25000-a.html
Ebay Motors US/Canada is $125 flat fee based on vehicle price. Probably a few ad options and an extension may have brought the final Ebay fee somewhere under $200.
gdb069 is offline  
#12 Old 09-06-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Vehicle: 1999 SLK 230 "Sport"
Other Toys: 1972 & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Posts: 351
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Garage
Good to know - they charge me a flat 10% for automotive parts listings, plus of course other optional extras. Did not see a different free for selling cars in EBay Motors.

Although that does seem a very low price from EBay for anything.. So call it $22,300. He did well on EBay.

Carl B.
Carl Beck is offline  
#13 Old 09-07-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Other Toys: Sailboats, bikes, motorcycles, women, and now fast cars
Posts: 4
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
My SL is an SL, that wasn't a typo. It's not an SLK. Thanks for all the input. And I had no idea Ebay charged that much.. yikes!
tc0nn is offline  
#14 Old 09-07-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Vehicle: 2005 SLK55, 2006 Range Rover SC'd
Posts: 35
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Beck View Post
Hi tcOnn:
Here is a good example - from our own Classifieds

2006 SLK55 AMG with 74K miles:
NADA Shows 20,925.00 as Clean Trade-In and 24,525.00 as Clean Retail

Listed July 20, 2013 at $25,000.00 - - - sold in Aug. on E-Bay for $22,500.00.
Seller paid I believe 10% E-Bay fees - $2250.00 so net to him was 20,250.00

https://www.slkworld.com/slk-cars-sal...e-25000-a.html

10%?
I sell at least 5 cars a month on ebay and they charge me $200. Where do you get these numbers from?

PS, the car listing you embaded on your comment was a private sale not a dealership!
tasho3 is offline  
#15 Old 09-07-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Vehicle: 1999 SLK 230 "Sport"
Other Toys: 1972 & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Posts: 351
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasho3 View Post
10%?
I sell at least 5 cars a month on ebay and they charge me $200. Where do you get these numbers from?
Ask and answered - see Post #12 Correction was already made in the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasho3 View Post
PS, the car listing you embaded on your comment was a private sale not a dealership!
Yes - I know. Part of the overall discussion was related to "asking prices" in the market, what a Dealer can sell a car for - vs - what a private party can reasonable expect. All using NADA Value Guide numbers for discussion.

FWIW,
Carl B.
Carl Beck is offline  
#16 Old 09-07-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Vehicle: 1999 SLK 230 "Sport"
Other Toys: 1972 & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Posts: 351
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc0nn View Post
My SL is an SL, that wasn't a typo. It's not an SLK. Thanks for all the input. And I had no idea Ebay charged that much.. yikes!
Hi tcOnn:
Sorry - I should have looked more closely at exactly what you wrote - LOL. Since this is SLKWorld, not BenzWorld I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Nonetheless - the discussion of now close any of the Value Guides are to the actual market apply equally to most models. They are a starting point, a guide - they at least get you in the Ball Park. Past that point - there are no absolutes.

Looks like NADA currently shows $30,575.00 for Clean Trade-in & $34,350.00 for Clean Retail {that's with the AMG Sport Package}. If you have the Performance Package - that adds $2300.00 and $2575.00 to the totals.

As a Private Seller - if I could get something close [above or below} to NADA Clean Trade-in from a cash buyer, within 60 days of advertising the car - I'd feel pretty good about that. Everyone has to decide for themselves - but if I had a Cash offer within 30 Days for just under Clean-Trade-in.. I'd grab it in todays economy.

I was mistaken on the fees that EBay charges for selling cars there. Looks like it can be less than $200.00 for a listing - if you get a bid, of if someone hits buy-it-now etc. - you get charged the listing free. Unlike selling auto parts etc, where they base the Fee on the total price including shipping etc if the item sells at 10%. Sorry for the misinformation.

I've sold few speciality items on EBay - and if I were selling a used car - if I couldn't find a local buyer - I would most likely try EBay. There are a LOT of flakes that can come out of the woodwork there however and you can not be careful nor guarded enough when dealing with strangers on-line. Lots and lots of fraud... dealing across State Lines, or across international lines cost you a lot of the protection of laws you would have in your State. That's on both Buyers and Sellers side of the transaction .... Just try sueing a Seller or Car Dealer in another State for misrepresentation or outright fraud.

Good luck,
Carl B.
Carl Beck is offline  
#17 Old 09-10-2013
Premium Member
 
royalpar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Vehicle: 2013 SLK 350
Other Toys: 2012 Maserati GTC Sport
Posts: 95
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 52 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
The best line, whilst i was at dealer and quoted KBB, The dealer told me to call Mr. Kelly and have him buy it Suggest you go to CarMax


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Designo Moca Black, Black Premium Leather with Black Laquer Trim. P01 Package, AMG 18" Wheels, Keyless Go, rear deck spoiler, Panorama Roof, AMG Package Dynamic Handling, Sport Package, Lighting Package (Adaptive Highbeam Assist, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Multimedia Package, Designo Light Leather, ,AIRGUIDE Windstop and PARKTRONIC w-Parking Guidance
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
royalpar1 is offline  
#18 Old 09-10-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Vehicle: 1999 SLK 230 "Sport"
Other Toys: 1972 & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Posts: 351
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Garage
Good suggesting - getting a bid from CarMax can give you a good idea of what the current wholesale ACV would be.

FWIW,
Carl B.
Carl Beck is offline  
#19 Old 09-11-2013
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Keller, Texas
Vehicle: My wife's first 'fun car' 2002 SLK 32 AMG
Other Toys: 2007 Dodge Magnum Police Interceptor
Posts: 166
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thanks: 30
Thanked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Uh, I hate to bring this up?

BUT, your car will SELL for the price the person WITH MONEY IN THEIR POCKET and a desire to give it to you is willing to pay.

REGARDLESS of what any of the 'experts' say.

I'm sorry, but I cannot tell you how many vehicles I OVER PAID FOR, because I wanted that particular vehicle, in that particular color with the specific number of miles for a given price. And I HAD to pay what I had to pay.

On the other side of that coin, I can't tell you how many cars over the past forty years I've all but stolen from a dealer or private individual because they HAD to sell that particular vehicle NOW. And there I stood, cash in hand. Not as much as they wanted. And in a few instances way low.

My favorite trick? Write a number on the back of my personal business card. Place the card with the price facing down on the desk of the person who is selling the car and tell them - "That price is good until 7pm tonight" and then walk out of their business or home. You would be surprised how many people who told me that there was NO WAY they would ever sell that vehicle for that price, called me at 6:30pm that evening.

I just sold my 1991 GMC Suburban to a guy that was looking for a deal. SO I gave him one and dropped the price to where HE could afford it.

See? It's all about buyers and sellers.

You need to find a buyer who has $$$ burning a hole in his or her pocket and just HAS to have YOUR SLK.

Once you find that person? Your car will go to the next owner. AND you will be on to YOUR next vehicle.

But relying on someone else to price your vehicle? Never a good idea.
royalpar1 likes this.
wallew is offline  
#20 Old 09-12-2013
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Vehicle: 2005 SLK55, 2006 Range Rover SC'd
Posts: 35
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallew View Post
Uh, I hate to bring this up?

BUT, your car will SELL for the price the person WITH MONEY IN THEIR POCKET and a desire to give it to you is willing to pay.

REGARDLESS of what any of the 'experts' say.

I'm sorry, but I cannot tell you how many vehicles I OVER PAID FOR, because I wanted that particular vehicle, in that particular color with the specific number of miles for a given price. And I HAD to pay what I had to pay.

On the other side of that coin, I can't tell you how many cars over the past forty years I've all but stolen from a dealer or private individual because they HAD to sell that particular vehicle NOW. And there I stood, cash in hand. Not as much as they wanted. And in a few instances way low.

My favorite trick? Write a number on the back of my personal business card. Place the card with the price facing down on the desk of the person who is selling the car and tell them - "That price is good until 7pm tonight" and then walk out of their business or home. You would be surprised how many people who told me that there was NO WAY they would ever sell that vehicle for that price, called me at 6:30pm that evening.

I just sold my 1991 GMC Suburban to a guy that was looking for a deal. SO I gave him one and dropped the price to where HE could afford it.

See? It's all about buyers and sellers.

You need to find a buyer who has $$$ burning a hole in his or her pocket and just HAS to have YOUR SLK.

Once you find that person? Your car will go to the next owner. AND you will be on to YOUR next vehicle.

But relying on someone else to price your vehicle? Never a good idea.
Great advice, but bare in mind it doesn't always work, just depends on the situation. The OP was simply asking to price his car, not how to buy one. I have let many customers that dropped a price on my desk walk away.
tasho3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mercedes Benz SLK Forum > General Discussion about Mercedes Benz SLKs > AMGs

Bookmarks

Tags
amg, for sale, kbb, nada

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Upload your files to MEGAUPLOAD
Upload your images to ImageShack

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes Benz SLK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How accurate is the outside temperature sensor? Theregans SLK R171 General Discussion 23 06-28-2014 04:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.