Results of the PPI, need your thoughts
I'm in the process of buying an 06 Black on Black SLK55, 41k miles. I just talked to the service technician at the Mercedes dealership who performed my PPI.
Here are the results:
1. Right Side Valve Cover Gasket is leaking - $395
2. Thrust Arm Bushings are cracked - $580
3. Drivers seat heater isn't working - $1515
4. Convenience top feature is not working - $468
5. Needs an alignment - $150
6. No record of the B service - $550
The current negotated price is $29,000 out their door, not including my State's sales tax. That year, with those miles, I feel like the price is at the top of what I'd pay, in this market, for a near perfect car.
I'm thinking my next step will be either:
1. Fix the Seat Heater, do the B Service, do the Alignment and get me an after market warranty. Keep the same price.
2. Do the alignment, give me a warranty and take $2000 off the price.
3. Fix everything and stay at the price.
What are your thoughts?