AMG private lounge - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

AMGs For those high performance Mercedes-Benz R170-SLK 32/R171-SLK 55/R172-SLK 55 cars tuned by AMG -

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 07-03-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
AMG private lounge

Just to highlight people to the private lounge for AMG owners.

You need a vin for your car if I remember correctly.


The forum sometimes is very slow, but good information is attained from the AMG team via a slow process and the guys who run the site. I would visit this site though if your an AMG fan solely for the wealth of information on the history of AMG, the models of cars they have produced and a very graphically pleasing catelouge images of all things ///AMG. they do have some cool stuff on there which is pretty unique to the site.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/

Brian
easty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 07-04-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
Just to highlight people to the private lounge for AMG owners.

You need a vin for your car if I remember correctly.


The forum sometimes is very slow, but good information is attained from the AMG team via a slow process and the guys who run the site. I would visit this site though if your an AMG fan solely for the wealth of information on the history of AMG, the models of cars they have produced and a very graphically pleasing catelouge images of all things ///AMG. they do have some cool stuff on there which is pretty unique to the site.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/

Brian
From what i have heard about the site is sounds real good but at the moment it is limited to the US market only i tried to register my 55 and had no luck.

AMG said that it was not yet ready for other markets they did not do into why.

But with a bit of luck it could be ready for my market soon so i am checking the site every single day i want to see what you guy's are going on about!

Cheers
Dan
#3 Old 07-04-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
I apologise dan I didnt know it was a US thing only. I'll post a messege within the site asking about when it opens it's door to the rest of the continents.

Brian
easty is offline  
 
#4 Old 07-04-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
I apologise dan I didnt know it was a US thing only. I'll post a messege within the site asking about when it opens it's door to the rest of the continents.

Brian
no need to apologise at all my friend i am glad that it is working for you guys i just wish they would hurry up and make it available to me i paid for the dammed car (they managed the taking of my money bit quite easy i should add) now i want the gimmicks to go along with the thing.

thank you very much in advance for making the enquiries it is very much appreciated

cheers
dan

Last edited by DansSlk; 07-04-2006 at 01:29 PM.
#5 Old 07-04-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Strange there are a few europeans on there.. I'm wondering now if I move back to the UK will they kick me off?
easty is offline  
#6 Old 07-04-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
Strange there are a few europeans on there.. I'm wondering now if I move back to the UK will they kick me off?
Maybe its the UK market its not ready for yet what with the steering wheel being on the correct side and everything
#7 Old 07-14-2006
Over 100,000 miles!!!
 
SLKman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Spring Texas
Vehicle: 2000 Copper AMG Designo Limited Edition Sport
Other Toys: Just my SLK
Posts: 2,092
Country:
Chats: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,243
Thanked 479 Times in 239 Posts
Garage
ROFLOL!!

That is too funny!!!

but I'm confused...someone help me out...

I am a relatively new Merecedes owner.
I purchased my pre-owned 2000 SLK230 per Designo in Feb.

It is stock from Mercedes and has AMG wheels and AMG stamped on the ground effects.

Is it considered an AMG?

Thanks,
SLKman


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SLKman is offline  
#8 Old 07-14-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
I'm guessing it's been modded a little? but not too clued up on the R170, I'm sure some guys on here would know though. I think the only AMG R170 was the SLK32
easty is offline  
#9 Old 07-14-2006
Registered Users

 
alroumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GMT+3
Vehicle: Kleemann K2
Posts: 10,721
Country:
Chats: 1
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,030
Thanked 922 Times in 634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
I'm guessing it's been modded a little? but not too clued up on the R170, I'm sure some guys on here would know though. I think the only AMG R170 was the SLK32
It isnt a full amg , It might have the AMG sport package.
An AMG r170 is the SLK32, 3.2l which is a 6cyl supercharged engine

06 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
alroumi is offline  
#10 Old 07-14-2006
Over 100,000 miles!!!
 
SLKman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Spring Texas
Vehicle: 2000 Copper AMG Designo Limited Edition Sport
Other Toys: Just my SLK
Posts: 2,092
Country:
Chats: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,243
Thanked 479 Times in 239 Posts
Garage
Gotchya!
I took the "AMG" out of my car discription.
Oh well, I like it just the same.

Thanks for the info.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SLKman is offline  
#11 Old 07-27-2006
Registered Users
 
steve-p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Newbury, UK
Vehicle: Jaguar XFR
Other Toys: '65 Mustang Fastback with 302ci HiPo engine
Posts: 220
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 24
Thanked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansSlk
From what i have heard about the site is sounds real good but at the moment it is limited to the US market only i tried to register my 55 and had no luck.
It worked for me just now.
steve-p is offline  
#12 Old 07-27-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
No luck for me yet mate they must be moving very slowly with the VIN's
#13 Old 07-31-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansSlk
No luck for me yet mate they must be moving very slowly with the VIN's
Play with the Vin num a little, not sure it would really matter?
easty is offline  
#14 Old 07-31-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
Play with the Vin num a little, not sure it would really matter?
Thats what i thought about doing but i can see myself entering a Vin that came from a C class then talking about the SLK and getting busted
#15 Old 07-31-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Ah I don't think they have a clue or really care too much, I'm sure the system they have keeps most of the Non owners and random people out but I really doubt they watch over that kind of stuff. I spoke to the guys that do the forum once and they admitted it was just to attain that "private" and at the moment aimed at the US market. Although It seems some Vin numbers from Europe work.
easty is offline  
#16 Old 07-31-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
Ah I don't think they have a clue or really care too much, I'm sure the system they have keeps most of the Non owners and random people out but I really doubt they watch over that kind of stuff. I spoke to the guys that do the forum once and they admitted it was just to attain that "private" and at the moment aimed at the US market. Although It seems some Vin numbers from Europe work.
Cheers easty i will give my uncle a ring he lives in the US and has a SL55 but can't work a computer so i should be OK using his VIN i think

Dan
#17 Old 07-31-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not that it's really that active anyhow. They do have some cool general info on AMG's though. And some awesome contest. Of which one I won. 8)
easty is offline  
#18 Old 07-31-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
Not that it's really that active anyhow. They do have some cool general info on AMG's though. And some awesome contest. Of which one I won. 8)
What did you win mate
#19 Old 08-01-2006
Registered Users
 
easty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle: ///AMG 06
Other Toys: Ducati 1098, KTM 990 ADV
Posts: 2,205
Country:
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 29
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
(Thread Starter)
A trip to some sporting awards in barcelona. 3 very plush evening dinners. 3 nights in a very plush hotel with loads of celebs. 2 days at the circuit de cataluna in SLK Asia, Mclaren SLR and DTM taxi rides. Pretty awesome long weekend really. Highlights for me were meeting JK and V Rossi and the ride in the DTM car with Bernd Maylander (F1 Safety car driver).

loads of shots at Here and a few more here

Then to top it off I drove up the coast to monaco for the monte carlo GP. pics for that here
easty is offline  
#20 Old 08-01-2006
DansSlk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Chats:
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easty
A trip to some sporting awards in barcelona. 3 very plush evening dinners. 3 nights in a very plush hotel with loads of celebs. 2 days at the circuit de cataluna in SLK Asia, Mclaren SLR and DTM taxi rides. Pretty awesome long weekend really. Highlights for me were meeting JK and V Rossi and the ride in the DTM car with Bernd Maylander (F1 Safety car driver).

loads of shots at Here and a few more here

Then to top it off I drove up the coast to monaco for the monte carlo GP. pics for that here
Nice one mate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mercedes Benz SLK Forum > General Discussion about Mercedes Benz SLKs > AMGs

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Upload your files to MEGAUPLOAD
Upload your images to ImageShack

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes Benz SLK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMG Private Tour Scottsdale Cold Shot AMGs 2 12-06-2008 06:53 PM
anyone else get a poll from amg lounge? cyberdrakon AMGs 5 06-29-2007 09:20 AM
Private thread, Do not Enter! 412driver Off Topic 30 05-18-2007 03:39 PM
UK SLK350 - Private or Trade-in Sale? Andy747 SLK R171 General Discussion 6 01-15-2007 12:21 PM
AMG Private Lounge Session, September 20th Tslick AMGs 0 09-19-2006 10:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.