Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

south west meet

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  V8SLK 
#1 ·
this saturday morning (9-23-06) at about 7:00 am a few of us are meeting at the chrystal cove in newport beach. it is a meet spot for some classy and exotic cars. tslick has posted a map to the spot in the image hosting area of this forum. although this is short notice, we'd sure love to see as many slkworld member as possible show up... hope you can make it.:tu:

#2 ·
hmm I would go, but that is a loooooooong drive for me :) Way to go southwest for getting together, jealous of northeast! haha, but hopefully a bunch of people go to yours.

(7 a.m?)

#3 · (Edited)
Here's the address: Crystal Cove Promenade, 7957 Pacific Coast Highway, Newport Beach, California. It's on the parking lot of the "mini" mall at the corner of Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1) and Reef Point. There will be exotic cars there on exhibit. It starts early at 7am and the cars start leaving between 8:30 to 9 am.

Thanks to B55 for his prior posts on this. (We're just a little slow to get together, :D, 3 months)

Here's a short list of those planning to come (feel free to add your name, both R170 and R171, if you plan to come or are in the neighborhood):
V8SLK
TSlick
B 55 (if work schedule allows)
Cyberdrakon (if he wakes up on time, :D)
etyu

#7 ·
Me too, I mean me three.

#9 ·
Couple of photos from Crystal Cove

Thank you Cyberdrakon (my hats off for waking up early :D), Tslick and V8SLK (alphabetical) for getting together at an early time this morning. It was very cool to meet forum members and browse through some classic cars (Black and Red Bantam, circa 1950 was best, I think) and see some cool ladies in their convertible Lambo's.

I wish B55 was there but he has a busy schedule. After Crystal Cove, we went and met with Matthew at Brabus in Newport Beach. V8SLK wanted to look at some wheels. Matthew and Dave (technician) were very gracious and even more accomodating after we said B55 sent us from the forum (I hope you don't mind, B55). We had a tour of the facility and got to look at their superclean and shiny workshop and the cool dismounted engines. One was a wicked 65 engine, that after mods by Brabus may have over 700 bhp!

A couple of photos from about 5 hours ago, just barely got home:

#12 ·
V8SLK said:
gentlemen, it was a pleasure meeting each of you. i enjoyed the scenary, good company, good conversation and brabus was a well worthwhile stop. i'm looking forward to the next time!

:tu:
Scott, my sentiments exactly. Here is the style of wheel Scott is dreaming about against the V8SLK, there sharp.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#13 ·
Hey guys, had so much fun, haven't gotten a chance to get on the computer till now, i'll see if i have any photos worth uploading in a bit.

VERY nice to meet all of you.

#14 ·
cyberdrakon said:
Hey guys, had so much fun, haven't gotten a chance to get on the computer till now, i'll see if i have any photos worth uploading in a bit.

VERY nice to meet all of you.
I hope you found Fashion Island a good place to shop. Let me know when you guys are getting the roof module. :D

#15 ·
the 4 of us:

pictures from crystal cove:

Eddie and Scott in front of me:

Tslick behind me:

Tslick in front of me:

Brabus Shop:

Scott's (v8 SLK) slk55 with black brabus rims:

Outside Brabus Shop:

#16 ·
Cyberdrakon. thanks for the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.