Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I got my slk55 :)

5K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Ynot 
#1 ·

tadah!

i just picked up my SLK55

if anyone is thinking about trading in your slk300/350 for slk55, dont hesitate, just do it

it is fast, like, real fast. it gets scary when u feel that pull after the 2nd gear

i can step on the gas in slk350 all day, but slk55, i cant step on it for too long

o also, holy ****, brake is so good! it feels like a super glue!

i havent had a time to drive around cuz i was so hungry, but i will take it for a spin tomorrow

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

awesome thing is that, it has super low mileage, and i got super awesome deal on it

it's just lovely

i can finally have the privilege of having an ///AMG mark :Beer:

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats!!!!!!!

#9 ·
Congratulations on your new car..I can feel your joy from here!

Reactions: razr-01
#10 ·
Congratulations!!!
What model year is it?

#12 ·
and I get to say:

Please update your vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’.

#13 ·
I totally understand how you are feelin, I still feel like it after two months, just awesome!

I agree with Andy, you gotta get an X Pipe you'll be sooo pleased you do :)

#15 ·
Congrats!
Now start a savings account for wheels, brakes, and tires!

#18 ·
Looks like mine!!! Black is beautiful!

update what year in your profile please

bet u it is a 2009!!

#19 ·
thx u guys, i am really really enjoying slk55 :)

this is 09, and the awesome part is that it only has 15k miles on it.

plus, the dealer really gave me a good deal. i was a returning customer + my salesman was real chill

i love the amg bucket seat. it is definitely different from standard slk350 bucket seat. it feels more comforting in terms of racing aspect.

navi system aint so bad, it also has video menu, i havent tried it. does it play dvd or something??

only problem i have with slk55 is that the launch kinda sucks. it picks up speed kinda slowly from 0-30mph ish.

while driving, it picks up speed instantly with crazy torque, but from 0 mph, it aint that fast compare to other cars with launch control. (it is still fast compare to other cars)

i also get a lot of wheel spin, i guess i need LSD to improve my 0-60.

i heard kleemann ecu makes the throttle response more quicker, what does that mean exactly? car is already NA, it gives faster throttle response than what it is?

#30 ·
i also get a lot of wheel spin, i guess i need LSD to improve my 0-60.

i heard kleemann ecu makes the throttle response more quicker, what does that mean exactly? car is already NA, it gives faster throttle response than what it is?
For wheel spin, you could try upgrading tires to something more sticky. The standard tires are not all that great as far as grip goes. I use Dunlop Direzza Z2s. Very, very good wet and dry traction and reduces wheel spin greatly. Also, modulate the throttle, don't just mash it down. Roll into it to avoid the spin.

As far as throttle response goes, thecar will adapt to every day driving, so it will sometimes reduce throttle response for smoothness until you start getting on the throttle aggressively. Try resetting the throttle adaptation.
- Turn the key to ignition position (without starting the car)
- Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor past the clicking point
- Hold it there for 30 seconds
- Release gas pedal and turn the car off
- Wait 30 seconds or so
- Start the car, throttle response will be much more sensitive​

#20 ·
#23 ·
could be many things

the techron it needs, air filters, too soon for spark plugs.....
bad gas. not premium gas was used....

i never look at mpg.

#25 ·
Hi all

Sounds like the car been sitting on the side lines for too long . Yes do the techron thing & check air filters , Im sure there is no reset for the gas pedal as it drive by wire ??? . In sport mode you should jump off the line at the lights as your be in first gear maybe your abit to much getting wheel spin , try a start in C mode .

Cheers

Andy

#28 ·
Black is a pain in the butt to keep clean and loves swirls. But the SLK is a tiny car. Time to lift up those sleeves, get down and dirty, spend some quality time with your car.

I agree with Jeff, black is beautiful.

#27 ·
ahem, and what is wrong with black?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.