Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis Hamilton to McLaren: Team boss drops bombshell about Mercedes superstar

2K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Rorywquin 
#1 ·
MCLAREN would jump at the chance to re-sign Lewis Hamilton and partner him alongside Fernando Alonso.

Hamilton made his Formula One debut with McLaren in 2007, finishing second in that year’s championship before winning his first title the following season.

He left the team in 2013 to join Mercedes and has enjoyed great success since.

The 33-year-old will be looking to win his fourth crown in just five years when the new campaign gets underway in Melbourne next month.

Hamilton is expected to renew his Mercedes contract in the near future but it seems he could have plenty of offers on the table.

McLaren team boss Zak Brown admits he would welcome the British superstar back with open arms if a deal could be struck.

"Lewis has history here," Brown told reporters. "He is an unbelievable driver.

“There isn't a team in the pit lane that would not be interested in having Lewis drive for them, us included.

"If anyone got Lewis, it would be great for the team."

Hamilton and Alonso had a fractious relationship during their time together at McLaren but Brown would be open to teaming the pair up again.

"I think Fernando would race anybody,” Brown added.

See less See more
Reactions: Avel Du
#12 ·
Wow this a good conversation. I guess everybody has there favorite team or driver. For me over the years F1 became so boring that I do not watch it most of the time anymore. Back in the days when i was young F1 was exciting because of the difference of driving skills the teams and the support of the team. Those days are long gone.:|:| Sure from a Safety Point F1 is the ultimate today but somehow it lost a lot of the flair of racing.

#14 ·
Wow this a good conversation. I guess everybody has there favorite team or driver. For me over the years F1 became so boring that I do not watch it most of the time anymore. Back in the days when i was young F1 was exciting because of the difference of driving skills the teams and the support of the team. Those days are long gone.:|:| Sure from a Safety Point F1 is the ultimate today but somehow it lost a lot of the flair of racing.

Agree .....it is now down to the best money and best car...LH would not be where he is if he was not in a MB.

Look back at the days of Hunt, Senna, Lauda etc......

Old farts rule... ;-)

#15 ·
Billy Monger

I am not keen on Lewis but I also think he is a great bloke.
I don't know him at all but I believe he wants to be a private person.
He was only 0.01 seconds quicker than his old team partner but around 0.5 second than his current one.
My overall opinion changed when he invited Billy Monger to the British GP.

#16 ·
I am not keen on Lewis but I also think he is a great bloke.
I don't know him at all but I believe he wants to be a private person.
He was only 0.01 seconds quicker than his old team partner but around 0.5 second than his current one.
My overall opinion changed when he invited Billy Monger to the British GP.
He is seriously fast...but nobody wants to be his team mate. That says it all for me.

#23 ·
Let's face it to be a multiple F1 world champion ( ANY type of world champion ) you have to have a degree of ruthlessness and some killer instinct on the racetrack. Being Mr nice guy is not going to get you around someone at 100 mph plus in a corner or down to turn one with 10 or 15 thousand horsepower of vehicles breathing down your neck. Purely driving competitively with it chucking down with rain and spray so dense you need to memorise the track rather than see it takes balls the size of boulders.

Some of the sports true gentlemen had their dark side, it's part of the DNA of truly competitive people.

That having been said, LH has not exactly endeared himself to a lot of people, becoming an overseas resident to avoid paying tax on his massive salary and income from sponsorships and endorsement grates with grunts like us who fight for every penny. Buying a private jet and bending the VAT legislation is another tick in the dislike box.

And those bloody diamond earrings are just naff!

But watching him lead a race from start to finish or carve his way through the field after a poor start or incident, one is certain that you are watching a great driver. Kudos to the man, he can bloody well drive!

#29 ·
Lewis is a great driver but not a great team player , however every driver on the grid would do over a team mate to win the f1 crown.

I dont know anyone in f1 but do go to the gp weekend , lewis , max , fernando give it the beans all weekend so I say they are top blokes as thats what I pay to see. Nico although not so well liked in the uk was also a top driver over a gp weekend and following his youtube channel seems like a great chap :smile:

As for changing team lewis should stay put and keep an eye on what mad max is up to

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.