Other Toys: 2015 GLK350 "Big Red II"
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Thumbs down Yet another delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja-D View Post
Just got a MB Takata airbag safety recall update notice that they are looking at having parts by March 31, 2018 to upgrade our car (2008 SLK 350, priority group 4).

Baja-D
Did you get a follow up letter saying your date and group have changed?

Just curious, because I received the same letter with the same priority group and date from MBUSA for my 2010 GLK350 when you got yours for your SLK and then got another letter from them on Saturday saying my GLK had been moved to priority group 5 and that they "hope to" have the parts by the end of June.

<RANT MODE>
What really tick me off is that the Feds won't allow dealers to give owners the option of having their airbags deactivated until they can be properly repaired. My first three cars had metal dashboards, some with bullet shaped knobs, unforgiving steering wheels, and no seat belts, much less shoulder belts and airbags. My first Mercedes wasn't much better, but it did have lap belts and "a bit" of padding on the dash. Perhaps that's why the idea of living without airbags bothers me considerably less than the idea of playing airbag Russian roulette.
</RANT MODE>

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome