Other Toys: Goldwing, Venza, Pathfinder, Journey DL
Chats: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Calgary - Lone Star

I took my newly acquired 2006 SLK to the dealer for an oil change and a transmission flush. When I meet the “advisor” she stated it was due for a schedule “B” and stated MB recommended a transmission service at 60K in any case. She stated they would not reset the maintenance date unless I had the “B” service. I had no problem with the full “B” and asked that the transmission be completely flushed. They phoned later and asked for another day as the oil filter housing was cracked and they did not have one in stock. When I picked up the next day there was a ”minor maintenance” done according to the invoice and only 5 liters of transmission fluid charged (complete fluid change takes 9 L). I found someone to question why I didn’t get a complete flush including the torque converter and they advised me that they only drain the pan and change filters. Cost $845 ($140/hr) for the service, less than I was anticipating but less service than I was anticipating. I am not sure if I will go back. They also did not comment on my broken fog light which makes me wonder how complete a “B” is.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome