Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any good lease deals on SLC43 (UK)

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  PenelopePitstop 
#1 ·
I've been looking to return my CDi250 early to get around the impending change in Vehicle Excise Duty and I'm struggling to get a decent lease deal on an SLC43. I can get another 250d for £300-ish per month but the 43 is almost double that for a car that only costs 20% more.

I'm looking for any form of contract hire or lease (not a PCP) and I don't really want to pay more than about £450/month (plus VAT). For similar money to what I'm being quoted for an SLC43 (£630) I can get a new model TTRS coupe which is £8000 more expensive new and a LOT faster (400PS, 3.6s 0-100km/h).

I have to say I'm quite surprised. Mercedes obviously feel they can sell the 43's but they're still needing to heavily subsidise 250d leases. Fair enough, it's just that the TTRS is a lot of car for the money.

#3 ·
I'm not knocking a ttrs as I've never driven one , but check what you'll be paying by the time you add a couple of options , I went down this route with a boxster and it's eye watering ! It's one of the reasons I bought the slc 43 , the other reason is every time I let a mate drive it or I throw it down a road myself in sport plus we can't help laughing until it hurts , it's honestly great fun , plus it's a coupe and a convertible.
I had a very fast Audi s4 twin turbo with loads of mods , coilovers , 6 pot brakes , boosted to the point of explosion but it was just fast . Even around the many laps of the Nurburgring it did all anyone commented was " wow , it's very fast " . It kept a lot of 911s honest but ultimately it was a bit boring apart from the speed element .
Don't buy on test figures alone , and you'll never be able to put the tyres up in smoke in a tt :grin:
Everyone I know tells me the slc is the worst choice of the class until they drive it , then they question why you would buy anything else unless your a racing driver practising on your days off .

#4 ·
I agree. I wouldn't be trying to get a better lease deal if I didn't want a 43.

What I don't understand is why a £30,000 (after discount) 250d should be half the lease price of a £38,000 (after discount) 43. The 43 should have better residuals than a 250d so really the 43 should be cost-effective. Our 55 (that goes back in August) is only £450+VAT per month and my very high spec CDi250 is only £300 plus VAT per month so there is obviously some random factor at play that is determining the lease price.

According to my lease broker right now should be a really good time to get a lease on a convertible. The TTRS has only just been released and the residuals are rock solid which means that even though the base car is £51,000 without discounts the lease is £630+VAT for 10,000 miles per year 6+23 payment schedule and the SLC 43 is £615+VAT on the same terms but it's only £46,000 list and I know I can get one for £38,000 on the road with near immediate delivery in any colour I want. So the only thing I can think about why the lease costs are so similar is that Audi want/need to move TTRS's and Mercedes either don't or they're being greedy on the finance rate.

I've had several TTs and I'd still be in one if the current TDi wasn't so limp-wristed and Golf-like (184PS and FWD) whereas the CDi250 is 204PS and feels special. With the way things are going with regard to diesels in the U.K. I'm happy for my next summer car to be a petrol but I will miss the way the diesel drives. The smaller petrols don't interest me as the low torque makes them feel gutless to drive. They're not slow by any stretch of the imagination but after the diesel they just feel slow. Only the 43 has similar torque to the diesel so that's where I'm looking to get the drive feel I'm after.

I did ask if it was possible to keep the 55 but it's not financially viable because Mercedes want a ludicrous residual value for a 2-year-old 12,000 mile basic car. £40,000-ish.

So, I'm looking for a good lease deal:grin:

#5 ·
I see your dilemma . I'm sure I read somewhere the ttrs is sold out for a year ?
A mate of mine did try car wow after driving mine a couple of months ago and got a great price . But that probably isn't available now .
Good luck in finding one , I'm just pleased I ordered when I did .

#7 ·
I see your dilemma . I'm sure I read somewhere the ttrs is sold out for a year ?
A mate of mine did try car wow after driving mine a couple of months ago and got a great price . But that probably isn't available now.
I can get a TTRS for delivery end of March 2017. For me, the SLC 43 spec as standard is pretty much perfect. I'll miss my Garage Door Opener and lumbar support but other than that, all the other options are very much "nice to have". It has sat nav, Airscarf, leather and decent headlamps. That'll do nicely.

#6 ·
Bizarrely, Mercedes Benz website is doing 3+23 on 10,000 miles at £536+VAT including free metallic paint on Contract Hire (includes VED) so I'll be on the phone to my broker on Monday to find out why he can't offer something better than that.

#9 ·
There are some deals starting to appear now. I was offered a dealer-stock white car with Night Pack, Mag-ride and Airguides for £465+VAT (6 +23) but I would have to take delivery before 31/12/16 which I can't realistically.

For factory order base spec cars £500+VAT on a 3+23 payment schedule seems to be where most folks are pitching camp, but I know I'll be able to get a better deal again in January or February when the Mercedes finance quarter comes to an end and the dealers want to make some super-high bonus or other.

#10 ·
How about a £7400 discount of a new SLC 43? Brighton (Portslade) selling a solid black with all black funeral interior highlighted by 1980's Yuppie red braces style seatbelts for £42000. Also they have a discounted new (solid) white diesel. No price yet on un-registered solid black 300 again with all black interior.
Then of course their bargain is a mere £114,000 for a new SL, yes you've guessed also in solid black - what clot would buy that?
The best laughs though were an aged couple seemingly entranced by a slimy salesman giving them the patter about a free cool box or some sort of bag with cleaning goodies that they will get FREE with their new car & a bearded young male loudly proclaiming to the salesman & a female companion how he frequently changes his cars, turning down a suggested car because "too many people have them".
Have Mercedes dropped a clanger with the SLC especially the 300/43? Plenty of basic ladies shopping 200's about though but seem to be sticking.

#11 ·
My own deal started out with an on-the-road price of £38150 for a Hyacinth Red SLC43 with Airguide and the optional wheels and upgraded leather interior. I believe the total discount was £9700 off list. That's for a car registered on the 28th February and delivered in June or earlier if I run up the miles on my CDi250 quicker than expected.

#14 ·
Mine is with Mercedes South West which seems to be headquartered just outside of Exeter, but the car will be delivered to Norfolk.

As for your trade-in, if they're offering £10,000 in discounts, you will get offered the bottom of the market on the trade-in because there can't be much left in the profit bag. Run it through We Buy Any Car to get a fairly accurate indication of the trade price at Auction and see how happy you'd be to dispose of your pride and joy for that little.

#13 ·
Most of the dealers are doing big discounts.

I used Carwow for my initial quote and then decided on Shrewsbury.

Car discounted by £10774 to pay £38971.

Either cash up front or on a PCP.

Mine is Polar White, SLC43 with extras:- Pano Roof, Air guides & Command.

As I wanted the car before 1st April to avoid the VED change.

They had the one above in the pipeline due mid Feb.

They are happy to hold the registration and delivery until I return from Holiday 10th March.

No Part ex involved as I will be returning a lease car.

Can't wait.

Tom

#15 ·
That's an exceptionally good deal. Is the car a MY17 or MY17.5? I have no idea what the difference is between them but my broker was very insistent that I should make it clear I wanted the latest car when comparing any quotes.

Whichever, it's a really nice spec.

#21 ·
I don't see a lot of SLC on the roads yet.

Brooklands MercedesWorld always worth a visit if you can tolerate the children's theme park ambience & are prepared to pay for your coffee.
Agree that even in the smug rich south there seem to be few SLC's around. Given that it looks the same as the SLK & thus the SLC would not impress the neighbours enough I'm not surprised. My gut feeling is that Mercedes are going to be lumbered with a lot of unsold SLC's especially the base 200 & derv models. Monitoring the UK Mercedes website confirms that new & used stocks remain largely unchanged. Does that mean the best deals will be when Mercedes properly up-date their small 2 seat car?

#19 ·
So just for info I also used Car Wow and the best offer was a 22% discount from MB Walsall, bringing the price down from £46,955 to £36,644

Interestingly I can still get from webuyanycar £23,730 for my car, so it would only be a £13k lump to get a 17 plate instead of my 12 plate and still have an AMG :)

Just not sure I can do without my V8 5.5 litre though.. hehe.. I mean it may have 2 turbo's but it's only got 3.0 litres and a V6 :(

I'll think about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.