Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

antenna wires? which ones to connect?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lilred320SLK 
#1 ·
I tore apart the trunk and when I put everything back together I find myself with three antenna connections. hmmm.

At first I left them out because I had a box that had motorola on it that the antennas connected to and I presumed it was for the phone, so I didnt connect it. Well then my radio range went down and my keyless entry barely works.

So then I thought, maybe the box is needed. I picked the two thicker cables but didn't know which one went on which end, connected them randomly, and didn't see a difference.

Anyway, makes me wonder what the heck yet the third antenna wire is for and if somehow I disconnected something else and forgot about it? Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about, or know which antenna wires need to be connected?

#2 ·
I tore apart the trunk and when I put everything back together I find myself with three antenna connections. . . .
There are a number of boxes in the trunk, black and otherwise . . . can you be a bit more specific?

Most of the stuff in the back left corner are for the "phone." The first pic is of the splitter/amp where the mast antenna's co-ax comes in, and it has (I believe) in addition to the antenna in from the top, a power in, and two outputs . . . I have yet to follow them out, but it's a place to start.

There are a few other threads that try to identify the specific boxes . . . I posted some MB information sheets trying to identify which are which. One big concern is that there is an antenna around the ignition switch and the car "reads" your key. Those wires are in there somewhere too. Haven't had much luck narrowing it down more than that though, even when I went to MB . . .

I was going to spend a Saturday sometime disconnecting a box at a time to see what happens . . . haven't gotten there yet either.

Attachments

#3 ·
There are a number of boxes in the trunk, black and otherwise . . . can you be a bit more specific?

Most of the stuff in the back left corner are for the "phone." The first pic is of the splitter/amp where the mast antenna's co-ax comes in, and it has (I believe) in addition to the antenna in from the top, a power in, and two outputs . . . I have yet to follow them out, but it's a place to start.

There are a few other threads that try to identify the specific boxes . . . I posted some MB information sheets trying to identify which are which. One big concern is that there is an antenna around the ignition switch and the car "reads" your key. Those wires are in there somewhere too. Haven't had much luck narrowing it down more than that though, even when I went to MB . . .

I was going to spend a Saturday sometime disconnecting a box at a time to see what happens . . . haven't gotten there yet either.
These are all coax cables I'm talking about.
I was referring to the black box with 2 coaxs going into it (third photo)... however it looks like my spare wire is the one to the right of the circled red wire in the first pic. Where is THAT box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.