Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

To badge or not to badge...

11K views 57 replies 32 participants last post by  Humberto Cares 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 SLK320 Special Edition and found a genuine Mercedes AMG badge listed on eBay. I thought it would look cool on my car so I got it. Well, now that I have it, I've got second thoughts about it. My car isn't an AMG, but it is different than a standard SLK.

So what would you do? Put the AMG badge on or forget it? Share your thoughts.

#2 ·
don't be a poser.

be what you is, not what you is not.
folks that do this, are the happiest lot

#9 ·
What makes your car a special edition?
The Special Edition came in both the 230 & 320 versions and most noticeable are the 17"double spoke wheels with 245's in the rear. The upholstery is different with a tuck n' roll type style. The gauges have a silver face and the climate controls are black. There is a bright silver trim above the window on the roof line. It is also badged with "SLK Special Edition" on the fenders and on the gear selctor. The engines are the same as the standard SLK's. I think Mercedes did this to send the R170 out with a bang. It is the last MY before the new R171 came out.

#4 ·
No AMG engine, no AMG badge :) (just a personal opinion). Others may have different opinion.

#13 ·
Yea, don't do it. Why put an AMG badge on your car when AMG had nothing to do with it?

It would be the same as putting a BMW "///M" badge on the car. Equally meaningless.

#17 ·
yes it was!! now i don't feel so old! and i think it was Tudor...LOL!

#18 ·
co2bruce,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.

If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under quick links when you leave.

Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

#26 ·
it's your car do what you want if you are happy with it.

we all know here what type is each SLK, but not everybody.
The AMG letters are very wellknown too for non Mercedes owners, and put a touch on any MB.

Personally, the 2004 SLK final edition is so special, it has to be kept in his perfect condition and in stock, or it wont be a final edition anymore.

#36 ·
huh??? Adding badges is fooling someone especially if you are adding an AMG badge to a non-amg car. How is debadging fooling someone? I don't get your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.