Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW Crystal Cove Meet April 21, 2007

5K views 54 replies 10 participants last post by  etyu 
#1 ·
The Ford PAG MAZDA whatever it's called thing.

Put down who's up for it. I say let's meet up, and then have brunch afterwards.

1.) cyberdrakon/Edward/SLK 55

#3 ·
Count me in:

1. Cyberdrakon/Edward/SLK 55
2. Tslick/Tom/SLK 32
3. Etyu/Eddy/SLK 280

#8 ·
#9 ·
#14 ·
What day and time do you guys/gals want to meet in April? Is Saturday, April 21st, better for everyone? How about 9am at Irvine or is this too early? You guys can meet at Asuza and caravan southward.

Spectrum 21 is nearby or we can go other places for brunch, after which, you can choose a drive across 74 (Ortega Hwy) eastward towards Lake Elsinore and everyone can go home via the 91; or go North on El Toro Road through Santiago Canyon Road and end up on Chapman in Orange.

#15 ·
i believe we are meeting at 7AM so we can enter the show? the CC ends around 9 AM, so we'll go grab something to eat at that time.

#16 ·
Let me sum it up so far:

Cars and Coffee
Ford Motor Company's PAG HQ
7905 Gateway Blvd., Irvine, CA 92618

April 21, Saturday, 7:00 AM
(from the cars n' coffee website, it looks like they meet on Saturdays)

There are separate entrances for Show cars and for visitor's cars. I'll be at the visitor's side most likely.

Brunch sounds good, as the show ends at 9am.

#18 ·
etyu, you should stop by the CC next Saturday and see if it runs later than 9:00. People that show their car can arrive earlier. What do you think?
Will do Tom and I'll report back.

#19 ·
Lots of cool looking cars. Things that stood out the most in my mind.

That uggggly Viper.

Porsche 959! Wow cool, and old, and rare.
White Lambo countach, So classic! Typical 80's.

#20 ·
I'll be in San Diego that Friday night...so if I'm sober and awake enough to wake up at 6am to drive up, I'll show.
-Vince

#22 · (Edited)
One thing we could do before we escape Irvine is stopping down the street at the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center. It's by appointment only on Saturdays so that should be a cool tour.
Very good idea Tom. Ford-PAG-Mazda, then MB classic center. For Saturday, is there a cost to make the appointment?

My thought for that time would be brunch or early lunch at a place called Fukada (Irvine Center Drive and Research). It's a small place but they offer authentic organic Japanese cuisine. Excellent seafood salad. Lunch costs around $10 to $11, drinks (Japanese green tea) extra. I don't know if you guys/gals like Japanese cuisine or seafood. If not, Spectrum 21 is nearby.

We could head westward thereafter on 133 to hit Laguna Beach and go south on PCH, maybe stop by near the marina at Dana Point, head east and come back north on the 5 and then eastward again on 74 (Ortega Hwy). There are places to stop and take photos along the route and should be a more mellow and relaxing drive (for Kelly, Candy and Alicia, SLKbabe and 280Lady). At the end of 74 is Lake Elsinore, there are outlet stores (including one from Sony for the guys and there's more than enough outlet stores for the gals, e.g. Liz Claiborne, Mikasa, etc.). We could then part ways from there, gas station is nearby on Nichols Road, and 15 north to 91 is very close.

#25 ·
Eddy, I'll call the MB Classic Center next week regarding tours / gawking at the fine machines.
I think they may want to sell you parts too, presuming you own a classic MB.

Anyhow, here are some photos of the Ford-PAG-Mazda (there are 2 entrances, display and spectator, clearly marked with signs); you guys can ID them (I'm not knowledgable):

#26 ·
More photos:

#27 ·
some more:

#28 ·
A few more:

#29 ·
couple more (for Brian, Woolly, and others with bikes):

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.