Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2007 slk55 AMG in Storm Red

6K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  etyu 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I have seen several posts where some of the members were looking for the Storm Red color. Here is a picture (not a real good one, but should give you an idea of the color). Hope this gives those interested a good idea. Take care!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations StormRedAMG!! Very nice color combination and wheels too!

#4 ·
That is my burgundy, what a nice color. Is that 07 MB? Paint shop git ready, ummm the red and black interior won't wurk, durn it. Could have it dyed burgundy, OH me, my wife is goin to scream. I just woke up, says 2007 55 in title, dummy!!!

#5 ·
Nice colour, congrats! :)

#10 ·
Give us ideas? Gave me more than that. I just ordered 25 gallons of that color paint, Im gonna paint the house, all the cars my tractors boat and the airplane. My wife is shaken in her boots feered Im gonna have her painted. I need to touch it, my dark toreador red F150 was til now my favorite color but on the SLK, man. :Beer:

#11 ·
Doug,
Better cool it with the wife. Buy her a tanning package!! Painting her will go over like a lead balloon.

To the rest of you, Thanks for all the nice comments. I was a little scared of the color when I ordered it but, I am very happy with the way it turned out, specially with the beige interior. thanks to you all, again!!!

#12 ·
I have one too!

I actually pick mine up in Germany on Friday!

It's also Storm Red but I went for the black/ash two tone interior.

I was nervous about this color, because nobody has seen it since the 2007 change from firemist to storm.

The pic you posted shows well. The only difference in appearance with mine will be the interior and the standard rims, because I didn't go for the 030 pkg.

When I get back from my trip, I'll post some pics of my beast in its native habitat!

#13 ·
I actually pick mine up in Germany on Friday!

It's also Storm Red but I went for the black/ash two tone interior.

I was nervous about this color, because nobody has seen it since the 2007 change from firemist to storm.

The pic you posted shows well. The only difference in appearance with mine will be the interior and the standard rims, because I didn't go for the 030 pkg.

When I get back from my trip, I'll post some pics of my beast in its native habitat!
Congrats,

I don't know why the biege doesn't come with the two tone seats, I prefer two tone, it just looks better.

Can't wait for the pics.

#16 ·
ya i noticed that there was two options, one was like a one night thing, and the black alps rally? it was several nights, wish I could go back or ship my car there! haha. That would be great!

The only thing I dont mind about it so much is, I got my car at EDP price, without doing EDP! Its the families 8th benz bought at the dealership. (4th convertible, 2 of which were Slks!

#17 ·
I recommend the alps rally, it's a nice way to get to know your benz and the beautiful parts of southern Germany and northern Austria, 1200 isn't bad for five nights in five star hotels, with breakfast include and some had dinner. The scenery was breath taking.

#18 ·
welcome to the forum stormred.
beautiful car! that is now 2 red 55AMGs on the forum!
I have been to minnesota a few times, mall of america and all that. nice place.

#22 ·
in2dwww,
Please post pix of your car when you pick it up. I considered black/ash but dealer kinda nudged me towards beige. I am very happy with my final choice but, would be very interested in seeing the black/ash interior.

A friend and I will be installing Smart Top Mod today. I will be depending on his expertise in getting this thing to work. I freely admit that I am severely technologically and mechanically challenged (screwdriver has to many moving parts). Last week he helped me (actually he did about 99.9% of the work) finish up my hands-free phone system for my Blackberry. It is a very nice Motorola system that works well with the pre-wiring. Lot less expensive than what dealer wanted to complete the job. My friend did a fabulous job!!!

We are also going to throw on green filters. That I might even be able to do (but, if my friend offers???) Hopefully, all will go as smooth today as the phone did last week!!

Best wishes to all!!!!! :hb:

#24 ·
A friend and I will be installing Smart Top Mod today. I will be depending on his expertise in getting this thing to work. I freely admit that I am severely technologically and mechanically challenged (screwdriver has to many moving parts). Last week he helped me (actually he did about 99.9% of the work) finish up my hands-free phone system for my Blackberry. It is a very nice Motorola system that works well with the pre-wiring. Lot less expensive than what dealer wanted to complete the job. My friend did a fabulous job!!!
:tu: Hi, beautiful car. I'm curious what your friend did to complete the hands free phone system. Did he use an aftermarket kit (Motorola)? Is that the brand? Could you provide more information for us. Myself and many others here would be interested in some feedback about your Bluetooth system. THANKS!

#23 ·
Hi All,
Just a quick update on the installs from yesterday. The Smart Top Module install went great thanks to etyu and his helpful tips and my friends ability. I love the Smart Top Mod. Really a nice feature to have on the SLK. It is one of the nicest extras that I had Added. I probably could have lived without it if it weren't installed but, now that it is, I definitely won't be giving it up!! Green filters make a nice subtle difference in the sound of the car. Real nice added RUMBLE to it.

You all have a GREAT rest of the week! Take care!:Beer:

#25 ·
Hi -1-,

Yes sir, it is a Motorola aftermarket. I have all the info as far as model # etc. at home. I am on the road right now but will be back this weekend. I would be happy to post it then on this thread. I have found this system is very easy to program and use, Seems to work very well with my new Blackberry Pearl 8100. I really like that, too! Give me a couple of days and I will post info and would be happy to call up my friend for any specific questions. He is the one who deserves all the credit. I will try and post a picture of the system in the car, also. I am very happy with the way it looks in my SLK. My friend restores Mercedes, BMW, & Porches for a living. He is very good at what he does.

Many happy top down days ahead to you all!

#27 ·
Or start a new thread specific to the Motorola Bluetooth aftermarket install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.