Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Durham (UK)

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  leapyfish 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

I just thought I'd introduce myself

On deciding not to be a Bambi and I bought a 2001 SLK230 about two weeks back - my first Merc and my first two seater with more than two wheels.

Two trips out so far

Durham to Barnard Castle (A688) then Barnard Castle to Stanhope via the B6278 (Fun) then back to Duham via Wolsingham on the A689.

And for a few days holiday - Durham to Lindisfarne via the A1M (stayed three nights) and then back via the Coastal route.

Only one issue with the SLK so far, which I knew when I bought it is the LCD screen on the Audio 10 CD has failed - so I'll be looking for an aftermarket Radio/CD/Cassette/Phonogram thngy.

Sorry - two issues, the missus keeps borrowing it..............

Platinum Blues
Durham (UK)

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

#11 ·
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

#15 ·
Welcome from Michigan.....

#16 ·
Hello from the sunny Isle of Wight.

And whilst I'm saying hello to you, may I also say hi to anyone who lives on an Island. We have lots of visitors at the moment for the Island Games, a mini-Olympics for Islands. Quite a few visiting SLKs have been seen, perhaps some from Games visitors.

#17 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I've been mooching around the forums, there is some very useful info in there. I'll be checking the drain plugs this weekend, courtesy of Raindog's article. Unless of course its sunny - in which case it'll be top down and off for a day out - haven't been to Whitby for a while, I might take a run down at the weekend.

Platinum Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.